PDA

View Full Version : Kerafyrm (The Sleeper)

froglok23
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi al,

Just a work in progress for Kerafyrm The Sleeper in the Sleepers tomb.

When I paid a visit to Kerafyrm I noticed that she was up.. well the sleeper cant be awake in the sleepers tomb! :P

So heres just a little script which makes her go to sleep after she spawns.

Ill be workign on her rampage script also (she goes on a rampage though skyshrine and such).

Enjoy for now!

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
quest::settimer(1,1);

}

sub EVENT_TIMER
{
if($timer eq "1")
{
$npc->SetAppearance(1);
quest::stoptimer(1);
}
}

gernblan
08-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Awesome!

This will be cool!

Mrwalsh
02-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I agree, I'm looking forward to this one.

John Adams
02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I think Froggy has taken his sticky tongue on to another project, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

gernblan
04-20-2008, 03:51 AM
Yeah, bummer :(

AndMetal
04-20-2008, 04:14 AM
Does anyone have any insight on what Kerafyrm's rampage is like (the wreaking havok, not hitting the next people in the hate list :) ).

I found this on Illia's Bestiary (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6463;page=1;howmany=50#m1186004018 145106109), but I'm looking for some more specifics (pathing mainly, I guess):

V. The Awakening

Five hundred years ago, the races of the second generation discovered the dragon continent Velious through brave expedition and conquest. During this time, dragon lore was of extreme interest to scholars of the younger races, and many of dragonkind's most sacred artifacts and hidden histories were stolen through the efforts of adventurers. In their wake, the second generation left careless destruction and wrought terrible havok upon the entire dragon nation, and Norrath itself.

For reasons difficult to understand, the key to the Sleeper's Tomb was revealed to one particular group of powerful, yet foolhardy, individuals. Seeking fame and fortune, they ventured forth into the Tomb, slaying the dragons mercilessly, until finally confronting the four elemental warders themselves. When the warders had been slain, and the four seals broken, Kerafyrm awoke from his slumber with a mighty roar, exclaiming "I AM FREEE!". A tremor of mortal terror shook deep in the souls of his enemies across the land. Kerafyrm, observing his second generation saviors, devoured them whole within moments, and then proceeded to make his way to the outside.

Velious felt Kerafyrm's wrath. Heading straight for Skyshrine, he left a path of destruction and vengeance. Any living creature he encountered along the way was felled effortlessly and ruthlessly. Confronting the council members one by one, Kerafyrm ripped their flesh into shards, annihilating every vestiage of their existence. The wise and ancient dragons of Velious were hardly a challenge for the prismatic, and it is said that with every foe he dispatched his bloodlust became more insatiable, and his wrath more vicious. Living things everywhere fled in terror.

Finally, Kerafyrm came to Lord Yelinak, King of the Dragons in Skyshrine. They battled feriously, and Yelinak bravely defended his honor. However, despite his power and wisdom, Yelinak was no match for Kerafyrm. The battle lasted only a matter of minutes. Yelinak was dead, and Kerafyrm was undaunted.

When Kerafyrm had finished, he paused for not a moment before he flew away to places unknown. Kildrukaun and the other Ancients returned from hiding, taking up guard over the former tomb of their master. Not long afterward, dark times fell upon Norrath, and all of existence here felt the terrible, unforseen cataclysms that were brought on by the carelessness of the younger races. That, however, is a different story...

Striat
04-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I scripted this event previously if I can find it. My problem was, and still is, spawn_condition was not triggering if no one was in zone.

so, I had to use signals, timers, and expiring quest globals to properly trigger the rampage in the respective zones.