PDA

View Full Version : New to EQEmu

Yohkoh
06-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I just installed an EQemu Server following Techguy's latest server installation guide. So I've installed perl , using PEQ and copied the files I downloaded using winCVS to my EQEmu\Quest folder. The only thing I have done different was to use EQEmu-0.7.0-1002 instead of EQEmu-0.7.0-992

Doing the simple quest where I turn in 4 Rat Whiskers to Exterminator Gilea in Neriakc. I can hail and get a response but when I hand in 4 Rat Whiskers nothing happens and I loose the items without a reward. Here is the script from PEQ file Exterminator_Gilea.pl:

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){ #Start of Exterminate the Vermin Quest (Scripted By: Fatty Beerbelly)
quest::say("Hello, $name. I was hired to eradicate all these pesky rodents running around the city, but there are too many of them. If you could help me by bringing back four of their whiskers I should have a few spare coins for you.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
#Handin: 4x Rat Whiskers
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13071 => 4)){ #End of Exterminate the Vermin (Scripted By: Fatty Beerbelly)
quest::say("Well there are still many rodents around, but I will honor my deal. Here are your coins. Now I must get back to work.");
quest::faction(87,10); # +Darkguard Inner
quest::faction(69,10); # +Dark Bargainers
quest::faction(155,10); # +Indigo Brotherhood
quest::faction(260,-10); # -Primordial Malice
quest::exp(5);
quest::givecash(1,1,1,0);
}
}

Being I am new to EQEmu, I expect I am missing something in my setup. Any suggestions?

Yohkoh

Khaldore
06-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I had a simliar problem with the cudgel quest in Halas, and this post (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=126851&postcount=1) pointed me in the right direction.

After you follow the instructions, you can use #reloadpl in-game, although I camped out and relogged on to the server before I did. Seemed to work fine after that. What seems to be happening is the emu can't find the check_handin.pl file because the folder is in the wrong place, so hopefully that will fix things for you. :)

Yohkoh
06-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Thank you very much Khaldore. That fixed the problem.

Khaldore
06-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Glad I could help, but I don't deserve much of the credit... I'm new to EqEmu myself, and if it weren't for the forum users and wiki having a wealth of information, I'd be lost.

As a side note, I found another post referring to the plugins folder being in the wrong place here (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=133331&postcount=8)... wish I'd have found it before. :)