PDA

View Full Version : Segfault after character select...

Nanidin
07-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I've been reading the forums for a while now and it appears that the problem with segfaulting after a player tries to 'enter world' from the character select screen has not been fixed for those of us with MySQL 5+ / gcc 4+.

The purpose of this post is to confirm that this issue hasn't been fixed. If it has, and someone has the fix, please let me know so I can give it a try. Unfortunately, I'm in a position where downgrading to older sql & gcc versions is not an option.

Note: I've tried with several builds and the cvs build. I'd be willing to go to any version 7 revision if this works.

Thanks,
Nanidin

gernblan
09-01-2007, 07:08 AM
I never ever run into this problem and I run those major versions.

What distro are you using?

If it's gentoo, you're probably railing your cflags too hard. Back things off a little.

You ALSO might have a bad memory module. Try memtest86 on your hardware.

Nanidin
12-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm running Ubuntu "server" edition. I haven't messed with this for a long time, I'll give it a try and see if I have any luck this time around.

bushman77
05-16-2008, 09:16 PM
i'm also getting the segmentation error after the char select screen. I also get it when i try to bootup a static zone. Might me my zone table is bad, i'm not fully sure going to have to reinstall that table see if it works.

bushman77
05-18-2008, 06:29 AM
might have missed some of the update sql files. But after redownloading 1061 db from projest eq went to eqemu (here of course) downloaded binaries for 1061 renentered some tables (as they were missing from the db) server booted fine. still some bugs in zone server when i did '#reloadquest file the zoneserver crashed on me.

bushman77
05-18-2008, 06:50 AM
there is a binch of quests that the zone server reports as being useless.
[Quest] Useless use of private variable in void context at quests/shadowhaven/Therin_Asakith.pl line 64.

i'm too tired to look into the file right now but i'm going to sleep.

kuchenhure
05-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I believe this is the problem that I'm having. Has anyone found a fix yet?

xxarthurxx
06-16-2008, 10:03 PM
had this problem today, wound up being because I goofed and forgot to put the two spell files in the server folder, try that see if it helps