PDA

View Full Version : Basher Nanrum

BWStripes
07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
My first EQ character was a human paladin. It was a disaster. Then I tried Troll, and never looked back :)

Hopefully I'll be bringing some of the magic back to that dingy hole off Innothule we like to call Grobb, starting with the first quest I ever did.

I can't seem to find a way to (cleanly) assess the number of eyeballs handed in as a global number, so every 3rd turn-in, irrespective of the person, gets the reward. Any advice on that appreciated. Instead, at the moment, he just eats the items. Yum.

#############
#Quest Name: A job for Nanrum
#Author: BWStripes
#NPC's Involved: 1
#Items involved: 3
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Basher Nanrum
#Race 92 (Troll), Texture of 0, Size 0, gender of 0
#Location: -67.0,-7.0,3.1 in Grobb
#Level: 45
#Type: Quest NPC
#Reward: Random between: -
# 10351:Brass Earring
# 10026:Cat's Eye Agate
# 10060:Chunk of metal ore
# 10018:Hematite
# 10006:Silver Earring
# 10017:Turquoise
#############
###Item 1,qty3
#Name: Fire beetle eye
#ID: 10307
###

#Description: The point of this quest is to hand out random stuff to new trolls. The desired reward was the brass earring - an AC2 ear was good back then.
#The fire beetle eyes are available locally from Sro and the Ferrott - you just needed some wanderlust!

#Quest for Basher Nanrum in Grobb
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Peh! What am you wanted?! I am Basher Nanrum. You? $name ? Heh, you look for works? Hmm, me tinks you too weakling for [job] me need done. Hmm.. You might do, mebbe.");
}
if($text=~/job/i){
quest::say("Me in charge of making torches for basher patrols. But Nanrum is much too mighty for such stupid job and Nanrum get idea. Dem fire bugses in da desert - dem eyes glowed. And dem don't burneded like torches. If $name getted Nanrum three fire beetle eyes me would giveded $name a shiny thingie dat you wanteded. Go ahed, $name , an' get me da eyes.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{10307} <= 2){
quest::say("Well dat be some of da eyeballses I askeded for. But I you needs ta give me three for da shiny.");
}
if($itemcount{10307} >= 3){
quest::say("Heh heh. All da eyeballses! I didn't think ya could do it but ya did. Here is da shiny. If you gets more I always have more shinies.");
my $NanrumReward1 = "10351"; #Brass Earring
my $NanrumReward2 = "10026"; #Cat's Eye Agate
my $NanrumReward3 = "10060"; #Chunk of metal ore
my $NanrumReward4 = "10018"; #Hematite
my $NanrumReward5 = "10006"; #Silver Earring
my $NanrumReward6 = "10017"; #Turquoise
my $NanrumReward = quest::ChooseRandom($NanrumReward1, $NanrumReward2, $NanrumReward3, $NanrumReward4, $NanrumReward5, $NanrumReward6);
quest::summonitem("$NanrumReward");
quest::faction(66,10); #Da Bashers
quest::faction(22,-5); #Broken Skull Clan
quest::exp("100");
}
}

CrabClaw
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Nice work! Grobb needs love for sure. I'm going to give it a test on my setup. but this definitely will be added to my quest directory. :)

cavedude
07-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Added this to PEQ, thank you!