PDA

View Full Version : Zamel - Endric - Guard Elron

BWStripes
07-04-2007, 06:42 PM
A quest from Qeynos that you could turn the same drop into 3 different NPCs and get a reward. Sorry if this isn't the required form, I didn't want 3 threads for 'one' quest.

I know these quests aren't rocket science, but they seem to lack polish in the PEQ release, and I used to use them a lot. My goal, ultimately, is to write up my 8th coldain ring quest - appeasing a need to have 60+ mobs beat each other up :D More on that project later.

Guard_Elron.pl - qeynos2 directory
WARNING: Will Overwrite PEQ quest which just responds to hails.

#############
#Quest Name: Finding Lucie Elron (3/3)
#Author: BWStripes
#NPC's Involved: 2
#Items involved: 1
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Guard Elron
#Race 71 (Qeynos Guard), Texture of 1, Size 6, gender of 0
#Location X,Y,Z: 56.0, 290.0, 47.6 in South Qeynos
#Level: 35
#Type: Quest NPC
#Reward:
# 13188: Golden Locket
#############
###Item 1
#Name: A Small Tattered Dress
#ID: 13713
###

#Description: The point of this quest is to locate the child. Sadly, she has been eaten by a viscious (or is that viscous?) gel cube from the Qeynos Sewers.
#You randomly find the remains of her bloodied dress on Cuburt. This was a boon to low level int casters as the reward was randomly (I recall one in 5 ish) a +3 int earring.
#Personal note: EQEmu spawn/drop rate on the dress from Cuburt is awful, compared to live, so I have upped the "good" reward to 35% chance.
#Other NPCs that you can hand the dress into: Zamel, South Qeynos; Endric, South Qeynos

#Quest for Guard Elron in North Qeynos
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Greetings. I am sorry but I can't concentrate on my post and talk to you at the same time. Especially when I should be out searching for [Lucie].. Please excuse me.");
}
if($text=~/lucie/i){
quest::say("Lucie is my only daughter. Her mother was killed by gnolls a little over a year ago, now Lucie is missing. Ton Firepride said he saw her playing in the south pond. I have told her a million times to stay out of the aqueducts.. She never listens.. Now I spend every free moment searching for my little girl, if only I could find some clue to her fate. Well, I need to get back to work. Fare well, $name."); }
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{13713} == 1){
quest::say("Oh gods.. no.. no.. I warned her about the aqueducts.. I warned her.. I coudn't watch her every minute of the day, could I? Oh Lucie.. Why didn't you listen to me? I'm sorry... Oh, here, take this - it belonged to her mother. She always said that in times of need, it gave her courage to go on. Thank you for your help, but I'd like to be alone now.");
#Changed dialog to make it sound like he actually cared about his daughter!
quest::summonitem("13188");
quest::givecash("0","3","0","0");
quest::faction(36,5); #Guards of Qeynos
quest::faction(9,5); #Antonius Bayle
quest::faction(53,-1); #Corrupt Guards of Qeynos
quest::faction(33,-1); #Circle Of Unseen Hands
quest::faction(217,5); #Merchants of Qeynos
quest::exp("100");
}
}

#END of updated FILE Zone:qeynos2 ID:2071 -- Guard_Elron

Endric.pl - qeynos directory
NEW FILE

#############
#Quest Name: Finding Lucie Elron (2/3)
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Endric
#Race 1 (Human), Texture of 0, Size 6, gender of 0
#Location X,Y,Z: -515.0, 363.0, 3.8 in South Qeynos
#Level: 10
#Reward: Random between: -
# 10018:Hematite
# 10320:Golden Ear Stud
#############
###Item 1
###

#Description: The point of this quest is to locate the child. Sadly, she has been eaten by a viscious (or is that viscous?) gel cube from the Qeynos Sewers.
#You randomly find the remains of her bloodied dress on Cuburt. This was a boon to low level int casters as the reward was randomly (I recall one in 5 ish) a +3 int earring.
#Personal note: EQEmu spawn/drop rate on the dress from Cuburt is awful, compared to live, so I have upped the "good" reward to 35% chance.
#Other NPCs that you can hand the dress into: Guard Elron, North Qeynos; Zamel, South Qeynos

#Quest for Endric in South Qeynos
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail, $name. My name is Endric and my task is to clean the [aqueducts] of Qeynos, although I don't relish the job.");
}
if($text=~/what aqueducts/i){
quest::say("Aye, the aqueducts are a horrible place. I have heard rumors of horrible [beasts] who live under the city in the water and just the other day, a child playing in the water just up and disappeared!");
}
if($text=~/what beasts/i){
quest::say("I know nothing of what or where they may be, just rumors, friend. However, should you foolishly choose to enter the waters to brave the possibilities and return with some evidence of the [child's] fate, I would be most appreciative.");
}
if($text=~/what child/i){
quest::say("The daughter of one of our own guardsmen is missing. He has offered me a reward for any information about her disappearance. So, if you find out anything, let me know and I will cut you in on the reward.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ENTER # Random speech added, that I remember being there
{
$npc->SetAppearance(1);
my $Endric_speech_chance = int(rand(100));
if ($Endric_speech_chance<=15){
quest::say("Clean the [aqueducts] they tell me. Peh, they don't pay me enough to climb into that filth!");
}else{
#Do Nothing
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
quest::say("Yes, I do believe this was the child's dress. Here, take this as your share of the reward. Her father will be heartbroken..");
my $ZamelReward = int(rand(100));
if ($ZamelReward<=35){
quest::summonitem("10320","1");
}
else {
quest::summonitem("10018","1");
}
quest::givecash("0","4","0","0");
}
}

#End of updated file Endric.pl

Zamel.pl - qeynos directory
WARNING: Will Overwrite PEQ quest which responds to hails, hands out one reward (missing ear entry), and incorrect faction entries.

#############
#Quest Name: Finding Lucie Elron (1/3)
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Zamel
#Race 1 (Human), Texture of 0, Size 6, gender of 0
#Location X,Y,Z: -395.0, 149.0, 3.7 in South Qeynos
#Level: 10
#Reward: Random between: -
# 10018:Hematite
# 10320:Golden Ear Stud
#############
###Item 1
###

#Other NPCs that you can hand the dress into: Guard Elron, North Qeynos; Endric, South Qeynos

#Quest for Zamel in South Qeynos
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Greetings, good $name. My name is Zamel and I have the much coveted duty of pulling sludge up out of the pools and [aqueducts] of Qeynos..");
}
if($text=~/what aqueducts/i){
quest::say("Aye, the aqueducts are a horrible place. I have heard rumors of horrible [beasts] who live under the city in the water and just the other day, a child playing in the water just up and disappeared!");
}
if($text=~/what beasts/i){
quest::say("I know nothing of what or where they may be, just rumors, friend. However, should you foolishly choose to enter the waters to brave the possibilities and return with some evidence of the [child's] fate, I would be most appreciative.");
}
if($text=~/what child/i){
quest::say("The daughter of one of our own guardsmen is missing. He has offered me a reward for any information about her disappearance. So, if you find out anything, let me know and I will cut you in on the reward.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
quest::say("Yes, I do believe this was the child's dress. Here, take this as your share of the reward. Her father will be heartbroken..");
my $ZamelReward = int(rand(100));
if ($ZamelReward<=35){
quest::summonitem("10320","1");
}
else {
quest::summonitem("10018","1");
}
quest::givecash("0","4","0","0");
}
}

#End of updated file Zamel.pl

CrabClaw
07-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Very nice work!

I am going check them out and add them to my quests. Yes, don't worry about the earlier quests they were unfinished and/or broken for sure. I think one of the guards just had some placeholder text. But, they are done now :)

Angelox
07-05-2007, 06:45 AM
BWStripes;
Hope you don't mind us adding your quests to the ax_classic database, cause we are!
Thanks a lot for your work - very nice to see activity in this area again.

BWStripes
07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks Angelox, I'm flattered, but it is what they are made for - everyone to use! I have a lot of free time as I'm unemployed right now, so I'm passing time writing quests up and tinkering with SQL. Testing some now, so more to follow shortly....

cavedude
07-16-2007, 01:40 PM
I added this quest to PEQ's repo as well, thank you!