PDA

View Full Version : update your spells_us.txt

Xpeld
08-12-2007, 02:46 AM
go here http://lucy.allakhazam.com/downloads.html
and dl thier latest spells data , unzip rename to Spells_us.txt and stick them in your emu folders (ie eqemu server folder , and your normal EQTI folders)this should help alot of spells as well as give ya spells data for the lvl 71 - 75 spells . <'^.^'> .

Secrets
08-12-2007, 04:40 AM
go here http://lucy.allakhazam.com/downloads.html
and dl thier latest spells data , unzip rename to Spells_us.txt and stick them in your emu folders (ie eqemu server folder , and your normal EQTI folders)this should help alot of spells as well as give ya spells data for the lvl 71 - 75 spells . <'^.^'> .

Yep, but that's only if you want to have those spells.

Many of the functions are not even implemented in the emulator for the 71+ spells, and you'd have to do a client patch to do it anyway.

Better to just stick with titanium's included spells_us imo.

Xpeld
08-12-2007, 06:12 AM
aye the dl 1's are not compatible , disreguard .

Xpeld
08-12-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.mediamax.com/xpeld/Hosted/spells_us.zip

heh dl and use this text its the spells txt from the A.E. version and this has the lvl 71-75 spells though you may have to upload the items yourself , at least you can check them out by useing the find spell command and it should fix a # of spell problems too . well at least i hope so <'^.^'> .

BertPLGL
12-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Excellent. Many items from the DoD endgame don't have working focus effects because the spells aren't in the spell text files, hopefully this will fix that problem.

Aimez
09-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Does this link still work? Keep getting page not found. I am having major problems with my spells.

AndMetal
09-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I know trevius has a downloadable spells_us.txt (http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/spells_us.txt) file that is Titanium + all of the 71-75 spells (nothing custom). You can download it from the Storm Haven website (http://stormhavenserver.com/wordpress/?page_id=3). Honestly, it's probably almost exactly what this was, but should be accessible for a while :D

Angelox
09-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I know trevius has a downloadable spells_us.txt (http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/spells_us.txt) file that is Titanium + all of the 71-75 spells (nothing custom). You can download it from the Storm Haven website (http://stormhavenserver.com/wordpress/?page_id=3). Honestly, it's probably almost exactly what this was, but should be accessible for a while :D

Yea, and I also got these posted at my site, and use/recomend them. He made these spell lists in a way so the unknowns will not not crash the zone when cast. they work very well.

But who ever gets them needs the server and client versions (for the player), so it will work right

trevius
09-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Ya, if needed, I can post the server version as well.

There aren't a ton of customizations in the spell file, but there are a couple of minor tweaks. Mainly major fixes for things that were exploitable like evasive warrior discipline and one of the level 71 bard songs.

I worked on spell files for a while before I came up with the ones I have. But, to make the actual spell file itself didn't take very long when I figured out how to do it properly and what exactly needed to be done.

Basically, you can use a program called Textpad and mark lines from the EQLive spell file and then using some cut and pasting and a bit of searching, you can get all of any spell types you might need. And using excel, it is pretty easy to import a ^ delimited file so you can sort spell IDs and move the ID numbers to any other spells you want.

Since the spells_us.txt on the client will only load a maximum ID of 9999, there is no point at giving clients files with more than that in them. But the server does not have a limit to how many it can load. Which is why I have 2 versions of the spell file. Though, you could give the server version to the client and only have 1 file for the server and client.

Nightspire
11-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Hello,

I have searched the forums for an answer here and get some info but not specifically to my situation so I'm posting here, I apologize in advance if this IS answered in the depths of some forum reply somewhere, I could not find it.

My question is this:
How specifically can I manually update the "spells_new" database table with updated data for all class spells 71+ so that these spells will work on my server? Here is why I ask...

I used the very awesome and MUCH appreciated automated Windows-based installer by Akkadius and followed the installation instructions (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40299) and the server pops right up and works like a charm. However, even though I can /fs spells and even /gi the spell scrolls to players, they can not be memorized nor scribed to the spell books or used in any way. I read that this is because the data for all spells above level 70 are not complete in the databases. I saw someone mention that you can update this data using a perl script, something called "update_spells.pl" or something, (don't quote me on the exact name of the perl script) but for those of us who used the Akkadius Windows installer, that doesn't seem to be an option.

I am more than happy to manually locate, collect and update this data by hand but I am uncertain of the precise process. The spell data, records etc appear to be in the server's peq database in the spells_new table, so where would I update the data at? It's not simply in the spells_us.txt file is it? I attempted to update one single spell as a test to that file and it made no difference.

Can anyone provide any guidance or info on this process? And can it even be done on a Windows server installed by the Akkadius automated installer?

I'm a web developer with programming experience and I'm not above doing a ton of tedious text data entry by hand - I just need to know exactly what I need to do as I can't seem to figure it out or find information on the process.

Anyone able to help? I would greatly appreciate any clear and concise help here.

P.S. - While on the subject, I'm looking into how to apply bots to the same server installation if anyone has any info there either and how this differs for a Windows/Akkadius server. Thanks again!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
-Nightspire

demonstar55
11-02-2017, 05:30 PM
You need to up the max level on your server.

WarAngel
11-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Nightspire,
I thought maybe I can give a bit of help with the bots. I had a hard time with getting the eqemu_server.pl to run. And that is where you can get your bots up and running (although there is an issue with the Bot_spell_entries...not sure how to help there). So, what I ended up doing was making a .bat file to run it for me.
:check_Permissions
echo Administrative permissions required. Detecting permissions...
net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorLevel% == 0 (
echo Success: Administrative permissions confirmed.

GOTO :MAIN
) else (
echo Failed: Run eqemu_install.bat as Administrator Right click - Run as Administrator
ECHO.
ECHO.
pause
exit
)
pause
:MAIN
ECHO.
ECHO.
cd "%~dp0"
%~d0%
perl eqemu_server.pl
EXIT

I copied this into my folder that has the "eqemu_server.pl" file.

You should see in the installer/utility batch file Akkadius had made (where I stole half of the code above :-) )...an option to the bots. Please please please remember to BAAACCKKUUP everything. I know that was unsolicited advice, but after playing around with the EQEmu stuff here...I believe the most important skill/knowledge to learn first is how to backup and to reinstall...and techniques there-of. I could have saved myself redoing Nektulos and Lavastorm three times if I had learned that first.

Now as far as the spells, sorry I do not have much other than, yep increase your max level in the rules_values in the database. Although I had problems with older clients for their max level issues in the past, that affected the spells as well.
Hope this gave some help, I am still learning...ssSSssllLLooWWllLLy. I am truly a Fire Beetle. Cheers!!

-Eric