PDA

View Full Version : Animating

Runeblade
08-14-2007, 03:25 AM
K if I modelled, say a windmill in in 3ds format and exported to anim8er and imported into openzone, when i logged into the zone would it be still or would the wheel be turning as it was animated to do?

Windcatcher
08-19-2007, 04:38 AM
I've been wondering about that same question for some time. I'm not all that confident that the live client would handle it unless you spawned the windmill as a "mob", sort of like the way ships are. I want to allow something like that for placeable objects, but it might only work in SimpleClient. Honestly, though, I'm not sure what would happen if we tried it with the live client (put an object in the xxxx_obj.s3d file that used skeletal animation), but it would be an interesting experiment. A side benefit would be able to place microvegetation on the ground where things like tall grass really do move with the breeze.

Runeblade
08-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Yea that would be really cool. But actually you just have to think of the zones around freeport they revamped awhile back. That has grass on the ground that sways back and forth. Not the best animation but its animated and you cant target the grass so maybe it will work.

Either that or would with a new client version. Would like to have some simple vegatation in the game with animation that didnt slow down the game but looked decent.

Like your idea, making an object spawned as a mob, that would be sweet if i knew how to do that. Then I could play with custom mobs and see how freakishly messed up I could make them with there own animations lol.