PDA

View Full Version : What's the Most Complete db?

EmuGM
06-12-2002, 09:06 PM
What is the most complete db.sql file right now? Pertaining to correct locs, most updated mobs and items, trade skills, no customized items, stuff like that? and are there any db's out right now that have quests in them?

Drewfus
06-12-2002, 11:37 PM
Now those are some good questions. Getting kind of hard to get the answer to these questions.

Okay here goes. No flaming allowed here remember.

Anyone have an eta when someone will answer this post with the precise location of where I or we can download a few or at least one good database?? or maybe the next version of eqemu that may come with a new database or something like that??? remember no flaming!!

Have a sense of humor and dont ban me Shawn!!

killspree
06-13-2002, 07:52 AM
I'm working on a full luclin upgrade database. It won't be true to form with the item info(i.e. no bane damage or skill modifiers), but the items themselves will be correct stat-wise.

EmuGM
06-13-2002, 08:38 AM
Cool, lemme know when u finished that db. Is it going to be an extension from another db or a completely seperate luclin only type db?

By the way, I hope this thread doesnt impose on what Shawn319 was talking about. I'm just inquiring from a general point a view from everyone who thinks the which db is the most accurate and up to date. Hey if so, just delete thread, I dont wanna go against anyone.

killspree
06-13-2002, 10:38 AM
It will mainly be items from luclin. You'll be able to summon them anywhere using the #summonitem command. It'll be up to each serverop to decide what mobs drop them, as I won't be handling that part of it right now. :)

Drawde
06-14-2002, 07:17 AM
I'm currently working on an updated version of my DB addon (rather slowly though since I haven't had much time to work on it). It should have a lot of improvements in most zones, with more spawn locations and Z-axis fixes (thanks to Trumpcard's 21MB spawnlog collection) as well as more tradeskill recipes (with proper trivial skill values).

Ariak
06-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Drawde = Da Man!

_OZZY_
06-14-2002, 04:31 PM
21MB??? Damn! Hehe...that's a lot of spawns!

Ariak
06-15-2002, 02:40 AM
Drawde = Da Man

Drewfus
06-15-2002, 03:45 AM
/Nod head at Ariak!

Drawde is definately Da MAN!!

EmuGM
06-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Wow 21mb db, keep us posted!:D :D :D

Hey Drawde if you happen to read this post maybe you can answer these questions about your db:
How accurate are your mob spawns when dealing with the rare spawns, dungeon spawns and town spawns? Does you db have luclin weapons in it and mobs as well? Do you ever put custom stuff and in your db's or do you try to keep it as accurate to the real deal as possible?

bot403
06-16-2002, 03:57 AM
a note to you DB makers out there. Try making an upgrade mysql scripts also. I find that i dont want to drop my entire database just to update some tables. Instead of it dropping the entire database and recreating all the tables...including accounts and variables... then just drop teh tables that have changes made for them and then re-create them. THats what i did, but it would be nice to see it incorporated into official releases.
i did somethign like this-
In file update.sql
drop table npc;
create table npc
create definitions here;
drop table loot;
create table loot
more table definitions;
source loot.sql;
source npc.sql;
etc. etc. and remove all the create table definitions for the tables that dont have to be re-sourced like accounts and such.

Drawde
06-16-2002, 06:40 AM
Some replies to your questions - my first DB release was originally very rough and inaccurate in all zones, with many missing spawn points and NPCs, wrong textures and sizes, and most dungeons/underground zones completely messed up with everything at the safe point. Since then I've been improving it with the help of spawnlogs from Trumpcard etc.
In the 0.95 release most towns are near-complete, I'm currently working on outdoor zones (some are OK in 0.95, whilst some, especially hilly ones, have most mobs stuck underground), dungeons are a mixed bag, a few are OK whilst most still have many mobs stuck at the safepoint. I'll fix the dungeons I have spawnlogs for once I've finished fixing outdoor zones.

As for rare spawns, some of them are in there (for example the Ancient Cyclops) but many aren't, the thing is since they're rare there is little chance of them getting collected in a spawnlog unless you're lucky. However if people want to post the approximate locations of some of the others I'll try and add them.

I might try adding some Luclin spawns once I've done Velious, though Luclin zones seem to run annoyingly slowly on my PC.

As for custom stuff, I'm trying to keep the spawns basically the same as EQLive, partly because other people often use my DB as a base for their own add-ons. However with quests (which I'm working on) I'll be adding quite a few custom ones, including some for the intelligent NPC races like aviaks, gnolls, fairies/pixies and frogloks (so they're not just there to kill!)

To bot403, the latest version of my DB addon does have a SQL script that does more or less what you said.

Ariak
06-16-2002, 06:48 AM
:) :)

Symarra
06-16-2002, 07:33 AM
I've got 3 systems I can run EQ on with a T1, and the Q is....

How can I help collect data?

I need some detailed instructions......NOT concerned with ipconfiguring but with what exactly I type to get packcollector/or others running properly.

And what tools I should use exactly to assist ya'll.

I can get to a zone and just let my char sit there for days collecting info, OR do things need to be manipulated(ie. attacked, looted)?

In other words wanna help, but need someone to tell me exactly what to run and where, I can figure out what alterations would be needed for my personal usage.

EmuGM
06-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Wow man thanks. I like the fact that you've kept you db as close to the real deal as possible. I was checking it out and I don't think I saw any home-made items at all. Thanks I pretty sure I'll use your db for my little project. Thanks again Drawde!