PDA

View Full Version : #npcooc and #npcworld

gernblan
08-18-2007, 05:06 PM
It would be amazing if NPCs could /ooc and also world emote.

If they already can, I'd appreciate someone telling me how, via quests especially but also on command.

Thank you.

RangerDown
08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
World emotes can already be accomplished by the #emote command. To make the NPC the subject of the action, you have to say its name as part of your emote, but that's how Live does it as well.

Live doesn't have NPC's going out of character, so such a command is unlikely to be implemented here. It kind of runs contrary to an RPG's mission to have its NPC's go out of character, but if you want to implement such a system, a workaround would be to once again use #emote, make the emote zone wide, use the same color as /ooc uses, and be sure to include the NPC's name and "says out of character,"

BWStripes
08-26-2007, 03:13 AM
Sounds like the equivalent to a GM event server-wide message you used to get on live (that was actually a GM doing a worldwide emote, typos and all). I didn't think scripted NPCs could use #emote :p

If it isn't in, I'd agree this would be a good idea, means you can script a lot more and have the GMs a bit more active, rather than tied up doing messages.

bushman77
08-26-2007, 10:03 AM
i remember in eqlive did a raid in poair or something and the spiroc kind would shout as he did his death touch.
can't quite remeber how to do it though, but there are 2 differnet ways you can do this, in game as gm or have it written in perl as part of a quest of sorts. all the info for this can be found herein the forums or in game with the '#help command