PDA

View Full Version : Question

sonicintuition
08-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi all,

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer for - hopefully someone can enlighten me. My question is: Is it possible to use a quest script to show zone wide emotes? For example - on live, when certain mobs spawned, a yellow message would appear in the chat box "the ground shakes as soandso appears" or whatever. Can we do that in EQEMU? If so, how? I've tried quest::shout, but that just has the mob shout in red text ..quest::shout2, which doesn't seem to be any different than shout, and also quest::me, which seems to be broken. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Sonic

sfisque
08-31-2007, 08:30 PM
quest::me and quest::echo have been fixed in newer builds. if you are running an older build, you can patch in the fix, which was posted to the forums. heres a link:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23181&highlight=quest%3A%3Ame

== sfisque

sonicintuition
09-01-2007, 05:13 AM
Thank you for the quick reply. I have a newer build, so those do work, thankfully. :) Here is my question though - is it possible to send a zone wide emote through a quest script? Such as when an npc spawns? I cannot seem to figure out if there is a way to do this. I searched through quest objects in the wiki and didn't see it in there either.

Regards,
Sonic

sonicintuition
09-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Edit: Nevermind