PDA

View Full Version : Planes Flags

ArchSoup
09-07-2007, 03:35 PM
I've checked the .pl quest file for Seer Mal Nae and notice there is no response to the guided meditation question....

Has this been implemented on any servers? Or am I just wishing for too much too soon?

ArchSoup
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
As a follow up...

I just did the Hunter Forager kills in Trakanon and turned in the two items and got nothing. I thought I had read that this had been put in the works in a different thread.

Curious, indeed.

Am I missing out on a step upgrading my server?

Striat
09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
You'll need to follow the wiki for how to set up a zone flagging. But, from the latest peq_quest files from their cvs:

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){

quest::say("Greetings..It has been long since I have been aware on this plane.. Who are you and what do you want of I, Ganak, slayer of Jaled-Dar?");

}

if($text=~/veeshan's peak/i){

quest::say("You wish to know of Veeshans Peak?! You are either very brave or very foolish! There is nothing there for the uninvited but a fiery death. I have been away from this plane of existence for a long time yet still I feel the presence of the ancient wurms. I am sure they sense my presence as well, being as I hold the only [key to the chambers] of the Ring of Scale.");

}

if($text=~/key to the chambers/i){

quest::say("I am not so quick to grant someone the key to their death! If you truly wish your doom to fall upon you so soon then bring me the three medallions of the fallen Iksar tribes, Kylong, Obulus, and Jarsath. The tribes were long ago crushed by the warriors of the Kunzar and their remains lie buried beneath ages of rubble. Finding the lost medallions of my people will not be enough to prove yourself worthy of entry into the fortress of the great wurms -- there is another task that you must complete before you return the [medallions].");

}

if($text=~/medallions/i){

quest::say("There were five different tribes of my people. The Kunzar, Kylong, Nathsar, Obulus, and Jarsath. Each of these tribes had a medallion that represented it. If you can return to me the Medallion of the Kunzar and Nathsar, I will give you the idol of Trakanon.");

}

if($text=~/task/i){

quest::say("Those who enter Veeshans Peak uninvited by the lords of the Ring of Scale become nothing more than a snack for the wurms that dwell within its halls. Once you cross the threshold of the Peak there Is no escape. Any fool dedicated enough to locate the medallions can do so, but it takes a truly mighty individual to slay the dragon that has plagued my people for ages. I speak of the poison dragon Trakanon, the vile undead wurm that has conquered my peoples greatest wurmslayers. Bring me proof of Trakanons death with the medallions I request and I may deem you worthy of the key to the Ring of Scale.");

}

if($text =~ /glowing orb/i) {

quest::say("The glowing orb is activated by a special key, an idol crafted in the likeness of the dread Trakanon, Reaver of Sebilis. I have this idol and will give it to you, but only if you give me two [medallions] representing the Iksar tribes of old.");

}

if($text =~ /Sebilis/i) {

quest::say("An adventurer that wishes to enter the inner city of Sebilis you say?? There are only two ways in, either the [glowing orb] in the heart of the ruins in the outer city, or via one of the tortured souls that wanders the jungles nearby.");

}

}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 19951 => 1, 19952 => 1)) {

quest::say("You have returned to me two medallions of my people. In return, I give you this key to enter the ruins of Sebilis. Be wary though, for Trakanon, Scourge of the Sibilisian empire resides within. ");

quest::summonitem(20883);

quest::exp(10000);

quest::set_zone_flag(89);

}

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 7276 => 1, 19953 => 1, 19954 => 1, 19955 => 1)) {

quest::say("I must say, I thought your flesh would be rotting from your bones alongside the remains of the ancient Sebilisians. I commend you on your victory over the poison dragon and thank you for returning the ancient medallions of my people. I reward you with the key you seek. A place shall be prepared for your souls among the most honored of the dead. Soon you will be seeing the world through the shroud of death.");

quest::summonitem(20884);

quest::set_zone_flag(108);

}

}

# Quest by mystic414

and if you want to get fancy do a:
$client->Message(15, "You have been flagged for Sebilis.");

The 15 is for the yellow color.

ArchSoup
09-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Well, as far as the Seb turn in, I got the same result. My .pl file looks to be what you have listed.

I guess my main question is if I upgraded correctly.

I've had a server running for a few months. I decided to run WinCVS to download the latest for both peq_db and peq_quests. I copied the results from the directory that peq_quests saves to to my eqemu\quests directory and restarted the server. That's it.

Is there something I am supposed to do with the peq_db?

I've tried searching for an upgrade post/guide with no luck....

If it matters, the Seb key turn in I've tried is with a character that I made uber, so to speak, just to see if it would work.....

Still confused.....

John Adams
09-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Zone flagging itself does not appear to be working (crashes the source zone and boots the non-flagged players out of game). Also, the Seer in PoK has no completed script. It would take is extensive quest global work setup on the mobs that "flag", then have the seer checking those globals and providing appropriate responses. I do not think the PEQ quest pack has this flagging done, since PoP is not finished yet anyway.

Irreverent
09-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Perhaps a quick temp fix is like the Seb idol?

On zones it can check for keys. For PoJ its pretty simple, last guy, has loot.

For the multi-god-needs-killed, make them drop keys which can be turned into a PoK quest giver that gives you the final plane key for the next tier.

Should be pretty quick to code and implement.

Hrm, might do that tonight...

Wizardanim
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
On zones it can check for keys. For PoJ its pretty simple, last guy, has loot.

Well the last guy has loot in the trial, but before anything is released, id like to see the events in place. Not just the kill boss/turnin deal. In live, theres a preflag from mauvin in justice on green mile, then from the tribunal and the trial room (4 waves + boss), then obtain the mark of execution, then back to mauvin for the flag. Hah gotta love the eq story line.

Irreverent
09-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm all about it being done right, but since we've having issues with player flags loot/turn-ins seem like the quick bubblegum to get it to work correctly. That's where Mauvin gives you a jelly sammich, you complete the trial you get peanut butter, then go back to him and give him a combined peanutbuttersammich. *boom* he gives you the key to the next tier.