PDA

View Full Version : help with libemusharemem.so (ubuntu)

Aonelyn
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
when i start my world, the world works fine, but when i start zone, i get this.

[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_zone.log
[Debug] [RULES__CHANGE] Resetting running rules to default values
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[Status] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_zone.log
[Status] Using database 'eq' at 127.0.0.1:3306
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.7.0
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Log settings loaded from ./log.ini
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Mapping Incoming Opcodes
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Loading Variables
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Loading zone names
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Loading items
[Error] Load Shared Library 'libEMuShareMem.so' failed. Error=libEMuShareMem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT_ERR] Loading items FAILED!
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Failed. But ignoring error and going on...
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Loading npc faction lists
[Error] Load Shared Library 'libEMuShareMem.so' failed. Error=libEMuShareMem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT_ERR] Loading npcs faction lists FAILED!

any ideas?

the file is in the folder.

sfisque
09-13-2007, 05:53 PM
you either need . in you LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable or the explicit path to the .so file.

== sfisque

Aonelyn
09-15-2007, 03:54 AM
well now i fixed that problem, and now when i start zone, it just stops when loading npc factions, then times out. any ideas?

Angelox
09-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Yea, that's because you probably used the latest executables that require you run a line to your MySql Database.
Always read the logs that are posted with the executable/source and do what it says for you to do.

Aonelyn
09-15-2007, 05:35 PM
thanks angelox, it works now =]

Shaidar
09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
For those of us who are new to this whole thing could you explain how to implement these two fixes? :( kinda got lost at the whole environment variable, and some source info with the new releases...

Also what should I be doing overall for the startup process of my private server (assuming I have everything setup right)

I appreciate any help you guys could provide. :) :D

sfisque
09-20-2007, 08:34 AM
regarding the library path, your startup script for world, zone, etc. should include something like this in its preamble (the area where you set up variables before doing the heavy lifting)

MYSQL_LIB=`mysql_config --libs`
P=`pwd`

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$MYSQL_LIB:$P"

note those are backticks and NOT single quotes. backticks tell /bin/sh that it should take the output of those commands and place it in the variable, rather than setting the variable to the explicit values listed, e.g. if pwd outputs "/home/eq_admin/server" then using the backticks will cause P to equal that output, rather than setting P equal to "pwd".

hope that helps.

as for angelox's fix, whenever you update from an older build, always, always, ALWAYS (did i mention always) read the changelogs because if the new executable requires changes to teh database, those changes will either occur in the changelog script or be referenced in another file.

reading == your friend :)

== sfisque

Lalolyen
09-30-2007, 11:17 AM
he can also execute ./world WITH ALL THAT JUNK ON THE END LIKE THIS.

=)

gernblan
10-02-2007, 05:15 PM
True, but may as well set the variables and make them perm as they wont' break anything and will actually make life easier in general from what I can tell.

token419
12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
im having the same issue, i do have that defined in my start script also and it is identicle and im also have the .so file in my server directory where im issueing the command

figured it was a ubuntu thing so i reinstalled debian but was wondering if anyone could give me more guided info on how to correct the libemusharemem.so file from not loading

when you say a . in that value what does that imply? right now when i try to start world with ./world i get that error
and when i execute the ./start (the name of my script file) it gives me an error also (but i dont see the same text output as when i run ./world)

and my startup script is identical to the "Yet another Linux Installation Guide" guide, i have followed that and the mysql setup guide step by step and impletemented all DB upgrades as per changelog but i can not get the server to start for the life of me lol

could it be a bad compile or possibly a DB issue or something im just missing from the config or start script? iv compiled 4x now 2 on each distro and same issues, also i tried makeing symbolic links as another guide suggested and that didnt work for me either, also im useing peq newest DB off downloads page and its updated through the changelog, im starting to think it may be a compile issue of some sorts but im totally lost

but when i run ./world it does get an ip from the server - and the only error message occurs when its loading items (assuming thats the first time it tries to load the libemusharemem.so file, also when launching ./zone i recieve the same issues with not being able to load the libemusharemem.so file

thanks in advance

jimbabwe
12-12-2007, 07:15 AM
I just installed the emulator on ubuntu and I was having the exact same problem. I didn't really want to use a script but I ended up having to as I couldn't get that environment variable set from the commandline (I'm a linux newp)

I was also unable to get the linking thing working that was done in the other linux guide. The writer mentions quite a bit about libemusharemem.so (NOT "YetAnotherLinuxGuide")

I used the script from the other linux guide in the wiki I believe. (NOT "YetAnotherLinuxGuide")

I get an shmat error when I run it but everything seems fine with the server. I've only just gotten it going, so I haven't really looked into resolving that error.

cavedude
12-12-2007, 07:41 AM
For shmat errors see this thread: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23186

You can ignore the posts about the items, they are in the newest CVS (which is why you are getting the error) the second page has a few solutions to the problem, basically you have to increase your shared memory size.

jimbabwe
12-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks cavedude. I'll take a look at that this evening. As far as the script I was running I was incorrect. I'm using the script from "yet another linux guide".

token419
12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
well i solved my issue, really in reality i had no issue lol
my server booted and operates just fine, but i didnt think it was working since i got that error but it appears that when i use the startup script im golden

just had to make the DB change to reflect the "peq" that was trying to be loaded in the script and my zone server started working and soon my server was unlocked and ready to go

im also having the same issue with shmat but i seem to be fine at the moment without updateing that setting, also my setting file was blank lol in my distro but no worries i can figure that out when the time comes =) finally get to get my hands dirty and break it now and do it all over again :cool:

jimbabwe
12-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Yes I was rather unaware as to how scripting worked. I assumed since I was going back to the terminal prompt after it ran that it was crashing out. However, for some time I'd actually had a working server and just didn't realize it.

edit: that's windows inundation for you!