PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Berserk bonus

sfisque
09-15-2007, 04:24 AM
i noticed that warriors do not recieve the +10 Strength bonus when going into berserk frenzy (when going below 30% health).

i'm not sure if this would be considered a "invisible buff" (one that doesnt have generate a effect icon) or if it would be some form of temporary stat modification.

on Live, going berserk would give the warrior +10 strength, which would disappear when they were healed back to 30% or more health.

== sfisque

sfisque
09-15-2007, 05:38 AM
this should fix it:

in bool Client::Process() // client_process.cpp

change

if (GetClass() == WARRIOR || GetClass() == BERSERKER) {
if(!dead && !berserk && this->GetHPRatio() < 30) {
// char temp[100];
// snprintf(temp, 100, "%s goes into a berserker frenzy!", this->GetName());
// entity_list.MessageClose(this, 0, 200, 10, temp);
entity_list.MessageClose_StringID(this, false, 200, 0, BERSERK_START, GetName());
this->berserk = true;
}
if (berserk && this->GetHPRatio() > 30) {
// char temp[100];
// snprintf(temp, 100, "%s is no longer berserk.", this->GetName());
entity_list.MessageClose_StringID(this, false, 200, 0, BERSERK_END, GetName());
this->berserk = false;
}
}

to this:

if (GetClass() == WARRIOR || GetClass() == BERSERKER) {
if(!dead && !berserk && this->GetHPRatio() < 30) {
// char temp[100];
// snprintf(temp, 100, "%s goes into a berserker frenzy!", this->GetName());
entity_list.MessageClose_StringID(this, false, 200, 0, BERSERK_START, GetName());
this->berserk = true;
this->CalcSTR();
}
// char temp[100];
// snprintf(temp, 100, "%s is no longer berserk.", this->GetName());
entity_list.MessageClose_StringID(this, false, 200, 0, BERSERK_END, GetName());
this->berserk = false;
this->CalcSTR();
}
}

and in

sint16 Client::CalcSTR() // client_mods.cpp

change:

sint16 val = m_pp.STR + itembonuses.STR + spellbonuses.STR;

sint16 mod = 2 * (GetAA(aaInnateStrength) + GetAA(aaAdvancedInnateStrength));

if(val>255 && GetLevel() <= 60)
val = 255;
STR = val + mod;

to

sint16 val = m_pp.STR + itembonuses.STR + spellbonuses.STR;

sint16 mod = 2 * (GetAA(aaInnateStrength) + GetAA(aaAdvancedInnateStrength));

// check for berserking warrior or berserker
// normally you cant be berserk if not a warrior or berserker but we check
// for sanity sake
if( berserk && ( GetClass() == WARRIOR || GetClass() == BERSERKER) )
{
mod += 10;
}

if(val>255 && GetLevel() <= 60)
val = 255;
STR = val + mod;

i apologize for not offering diffs, but many of my files are not upto date with CVS and have custom modifications. this is the cleanest way to display what i changed without confusing versions and stuff.

== sfisque

Angelox
09-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Moved to a better place :)

sfisque
09-15-2007, 06:19 AM
this isnt done, though. i'm investigating on getting the server to update the client. when my warrior goes berserk, his strength isnt updated in the client. so, more code snippets OTW when i find out how to do that.

== sfisque

froglok23
09-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I know this really lies with the dev team and is more of a general commit.

In concern to magic numbers / strings embedded in the code. using the example below:

This 30, should be a variable in a configuration table (possible variables or some sort). This would make it easier to adjust for custom servers and if EverQuest live ever change this value, it’s not a code recompile but just a db value change.

Defiantly not a dig at sfisque at all.! (so don’t take it at that!) Its great work sfisque has helped and developed the code for this.

Just my 2cp :)

- froglok

froglok23
09-15-2007, 08:07 PM
I did some gooling, because of this thread and of course my own interests being a software dev by carer.

Its a lot of content, but this article on Wikipedia can explain things like using "magic numbers and strings" a hell of a lot better than i can, plus provides explains and documentation to fit.

Really good read if you’re looking at getting into Software Development either has a hobbyist and/or professional

URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-pattern

URL About Magic Numbers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_number_%28programming%29#Unnamed_Numerical_C onstant

- froglok

sfisque
09-16-2007, 04:29 AM
yah, i should have used a constant for that. as for using a configurable parameter, maybe. its always been 30% on Live since day zero, so i dont foresee it changing.

also, in my defense, the if line was cut and pasted from elsewhere in the code base :P

now, back to figuring out how to update the client so they see the modified strength value.

== sfisque

ps: this made me chuckle

Really good read if you’re looking at getting into Software Development either has a hobbyist and/or professional

i've been doing S/W dev for about 14 years now. what i really need is a good C++ IDE that does code completion and edit time code inspection, similar to Intellij IDEA, that doesnt suck like Eclipse.

froglok23
09-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Hmm an C++ IDE which doesnt suck? hmm That would be good!

- froglok

WildcardX
10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I'll examine this code for possible integration into the server code sometime after the weekend.

WildcardX
10-18-2007, 06:55 PM
sfisque,

Have you added any more code to complete this enhancement?

this isnt done, though. i'm investigating on getting the server to update the client. when my warrior goes berserk, his strength isnt updated in the client. so, more code snippets OTW when i find out how to do that.