PDA

View Full Version : Updated Petition System

Lalolyen
09-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Devs,

I would like to ask for a bit of your time =P. I can help if you need, and I have a bit of time on my hands so don't be gun shy about it.

I think every server admin can agree that the emu is lacking in a few things, one and being in the top 5, the petition system.

I was an employee of SoE, EverQuest division, so I have a lot of *information* (short for FILES that are NOT copyrighted) however me divulging them could place me in a legal bind with SoE...

I don't care =P If you guys need the skin files that activates the GM petition system client side (like pressing the G button to access it) let me know.

I have even modified them just a tad so SoE cannot claim it is their software. Again this would only place me in a legal disadvantage with SoE not the EMU community

So, I hope this can help us get the petitions moving froward. Again if there is any help to be needed, let me know =).

EDIT:

By the way if this is against the rules, as my interpretation is we cannot offer copyrighted materials, let me know and remove it. This may be pushing the limit so-to-speak but I'm hoping it will help more than hender =)

** The code I'm speaking of are gui/skin files... anyone can make them you just need to know the window sets and how to apply them =P.

thothramerkaba
02-28-2008, 01:34 AM
How do you even read petitions now?

So_1337
02-28-2008, 02:17 AM
Doing this command in-game should show you everything you need to know: #help petition

That should list all the commands available and a description of each.

Fridgecritter
02-29-2008, 07:34 AM
If I am not mistaken, there are only three things you can do with a petition in-game right now. You can list, view and delete them.

There are many other fields in the petitions table though, such as a "check out" feature, an Urgency field, and "last GM" telling you who the lest GM who read the petition was. If these fields can be implemented that would be great. In the command list, I see no commands to use these other fields.

If the GUI lets you use these other fields, that would be great.