PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with Drawde's spawn data?

Strikingbeast
02-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Hi, all. I'm new to the new board, but not the emu. I think the latest version I had downloaded was 0.1.6 before I took a long break and downloaded 0.2.0. But anyways, like I said, I'm having some problems with Drawde's spawn data. Let's go in order, shall we?

I. Qeynos Guards show up as Male Qeynos Merchants.

Is this normal? I mean, it doesn't bother me that much, but its kinda weird seeing a whole lot of merchants outside of shops in the town =D

II. In at least 2 zones (Halas and Naggy's Lair [There are probably more, I just haven't messed around with it that much]), there are a whole bunch of spawns at the safe point of the zone.

Does this happen to anyone else? I realize its probably because of Z coord. woes, but it is annoying to zone into Naggy's Lair to see the big red dragon himself sitting right there with me at the safe loc.

I just thought I'd bring my problems to everyone's attention, if only to alert Drawde to errors which he is aware of or to single myself out as being the only one with said problems. Laterz 4 now.

Drawde
02-03-2002, 04:43 AM
There are a lot of problems with my spawn data at the minute, it was originally taken from ShowEQ data which didn't have Z coordinates and had some other errors in it.

The Z coordinates for most dungeons are wrong, and most NPCs end up at the spawn point. I'm gradually fixing this but it's a very slow process. Most outdoor zones and cities are OK (I didn't realise there was a problem with Halas)

The guards showing up as merchants however isn't really a "bug" though, like you say, it doesn't look right - the guards are meant to use the same model as the merchants, but they have armour and weapons equipped normally. In EQ they simply have armour textures without actually carrying armour items, however I've done it a different way by giving them armour and weapon items to equip. The thing is that the emulator doesn't support NPCs equipping items yet. I've no idea how long it'll be till the emulator will support this, I might try setting the guard textures to armour (as done in regular EQ) anyway.

TheClaus
02-03-2002, 04:49 AM
If you want Drawde I could give you the list of textures and you could throw that into your parser. For instance race 44 (freeport guards) can have 3 textures merchant, militia, guards. Now in Real EQ Militia is in W and E freeport and Guards are in North. If your parser can look at zone shortname and then apply the correct texture that would be sweet. Never seen the parser program itself though so I wouldn't know how it does it. Let me know if you want it.

Drawde
02-03-2002, 05:15 AM
Thanks, that'd be really useful, TheClaus! I've already got textures more or less working for monsters, but not guards etc.

TheClaus
02-04-2002, 07:51 AM
Here you go. I was just reading that robes are 10 - 18 but haven't tested myself yet.

Drawde
02-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Thanks for posting the data, but that .xls file doesn't work with my version of Excel (7.0), is there any chance you could post the data in .txt or .csv format?

Zeitgeist
02-05-2002, 02:36 AM
http://www.godmonkey.com/files/npctextures.csv

http://www.godmonkey.com/files/npctextures.txt

(txt is tab delimited in this case)

TheClaus
02-05-2002, 04:54 AM
Thanks Zeitgeist,

I keep forgetting that not everyone has Office XP.

Drawde
02-05-2002, 07:47 AM
Thanks very much!

TheClaus
02-06-2002, 03:24 AM
FYI for robes I found that 10 through 16 produce different robes. Here is the colors(sorry I don't know some of the names).

10 Red with yellow stripes
11 Black with red stripes
12 Tan with the Eyes
13 Oracle Robe
14 Green robe with tan stripes
15 Shining Metallic Robe
16 White Robe

When I get time I am going to spawn 100 humans in a zone with 100 textures. Then write down what each on is. Let you know how that goes.

Gino
02-06-2002, 06:16 AM
Based on The Claus sheet, i had an idea how to improve this a bit.

Take a look at the sample i attached, and let me know what you think.

Would be nice if we could find a way to place such a list on the web, where the Helpers and Worldbuilders could alter it online.

Im sure this would help a lot of people out there.

Regards
Gino

PS : The xls sample is in office97 and upward format. ;)

TheClaus
02-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Gino,

I like your idea and think I can expand on that. Let me do my armor texture test to get a complete list of what there is. Then maybe I could make it in pull down format. Pick a race, then after that it would then let you select a male or female depending on the race, etc...

Gino
02-06-2002, 11:21 AM
Yay Grats Claus to Follower :D

Nice to see you didnt find it awfull, but to be honest i dont think one man can find em all, this cries for teamwork.

Like you surely noticed there are changes depending on the Zone you try it out in.

Would be nice if we could start working as a team and not only like individuals.

Alone we wont get anything done. Worldbuilding demands Teamplay nothing else.

Regards
Gino

PS : Still havent found out, how to get a Wuoshi looking Dragon in WL. :mad: