PDA

View Full Version : Money and Equipment drop rates

Astaldoath
10-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Is there anyway for someone to code in a variable that will determine how often loot drops? I just got done cleaning out ToV on my server and didnt get any nice elite items. I know on PEQ's server good items almost always drop. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Angelox
10-01-2007, 04:07 AM
There's a few factors that affect this, all are in the database. You can easily adjust drop rates there.
What database do you use?

Astaldoath
10-01-2007, 04:11 AM
peq, so you mean I wont have to edit the entire loot drop tables?

Theeper
10-01-2007, 06:35 AM
There is no global loot drop percentage. You'd have to adjust it on a per loot group basis. It's a bit more involved than just changing one field though. Read up on how lootgroups work and you will see it's easy.

Angelox
10-01-2007, 09:49 AM
cbodmer has made some code for adjusting drop rates. But that was made for the Legacy of the Rathe server, which uses my ax_classic database. Ax_classic database has drops about as common as they are on live (probably more), but no one in eqemu likes this, and since I really want things to be like they are on live (drops incuded), he made the code, to satisfy the players and me at the same time (adjust the drops from the code, and you don't need to alter the database).

There is no global loot drop percentage. You'd have to adjust it on a per loot group basis. It's a bit more involved than just changing one field though. Read up on how lootgroups work and you will see it's easy.

cavedude
10-02-2007, 01:19 AM
One quick change would be something like this:

update loottable_entries set probability = '100';

That would make all loot tables always drop at least 1 item. How often the individual items drop would be determined by how many items are in the group, which has no quick fix.

Though, if you are getting good drops on Grand Creation then you should on the PEQ db as well, they are one in the same. I think this may just be a luck factor in your case :) A group can run through a zone on Grand Creation talking about all the great drops they got, and another group can run through complaining they got nothing.

Dralanna
10-03-2007, 05:24 AM
I tried to explain how drop rates are handled in the db at one point

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22965

See if this helps.