PDA

View Full Version : Knockback (Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher)

Keerarae
10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I am currently working on Classic-ish (orig to luclin) server and I wanted to implement the BFG quest so I decided to summon one and try out knockback in Colbart Scar to see if it worked as I remembered. I targeted myeslf, activated the effect and off I flew. But in the wrong direction. I always get sent in the same direction now matter which direction I face. As I recall, when I played EQ, if I targeted myself and casted knockback, it would send me backwards from whichever way I was facing. And if I remember correctly, up into the air a bit if I was looking down.

After I do a lot more work on my server I'd try to fix this but for now I just wanted to share this with everyone. I tried searching for it as a bug or anywhere on the forums but I did not find it.

BWStripes
12-22-2007, 09:03 PM
You are correct - knockback does indeed only send you in one direction on the emulator. I had coded a quest file for Sugal the Fist.
On live, if you hailed him and were not a froglok, you'd get "The Fist STRIKES!!"; 2 points of damage and massive backwards knockback.

First actual fun I'd had on everquest in ages. I spent at least 10 minutes messing around to see where I could end up and always went back when I was in the zone :)
On the emulator, it is same direction, every time. I assume the spell needs a direction to come from somewhere other than the client. I was playing patched DoD at the time.

Bleh. Just looked and I can't find the file I wrote.

KLS
12-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I assume the spell needs a direction to come from somewhere other than the client.

I think so too, but for the life of me I wasn't able to find it, it always flings the target back from 0 heading. I'm guessing it's an unknown field in the action packet, or perhaps a combination of fields. I only spent an hour on it a long while back before I became frustrated and put it on hold.

So_1337
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I only bump this because it makes some fights (Vyemm and Arch Lich, to name a few) absolutely frustrating. On Live, the knockback was a tiny little annoyance, not something completely broken.

Has anyone made any progress on this?