PDA

View Full Version : Quest issues...

Furinex
12-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Hey there,

Ive set up my server a while ago and was working on etching out some bugs when I came upon a bit of a problem. I got some custom NPCs in PoK and they do buffs and such... so I know my quests **kinda** work but i was doing the soulfire quest with my paladin... and I turn in the 4 dom champaigns to the bum and he gives me nothing... so I started to experiment... I did it stacked, unstacked... nothing. Then I said what the hell I tried to go to "a_prisoner" in freeport west and turn in bog juice, edible goo and the bunker cell #1 key (blanket) and Nothing... The odd thing is, when I hail the prisoner he responds. When I ask him "Are you Ariska Zimel?" he responds correctly... I checked out his quest file and it seems to be ok... I'll post it at the end anyways... but None of this quest or any other quest is working correctly, Is it a problem with my files in the wrong spot? or something else? I mean the guy is responding like he is told to in his quest file so im thinkin something else... anyways, any help would be appreciated, i would like to get my quests working... thanks :) here's the file btw...

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i)

{

quest::say("Aaaarghhh!!.. Buggl n gump.. Figgle and fump..");

}

if($text=~/Are you Ariska Zimel/i)

{

quest::emote("stares deeply into your eyes.. Very eerie!!");

}

}

sub EVENT_ITEM

{

#Check for:

#Bunker Cell 1 ID:12196

#Bog Juice ID: 16581

#Edible Goo ID: 12498

if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 12196 => 1, 16581 => 1, 13498 => 1))

{

quest::say("Bog n Goo.. Blanket too!!");

quest::say("Bog n Goo.. Blanket too!!");

quest::say("Hide, hide, safe, cee.. lerk has the clue.. Must travel.. Travel.. Travel.. Tunaria's corridor..");

# Summon H. K. 102 ID: 12143

quest::summonitem(12143);

}

}

#END of FILE Zone:freportw ID:9035 -- a_prisoner

Diuretic
12-06-2007, 07:22 AM
I've done this twice, so I bet I know what it is.

If no turn-in's work, the first thing to look at is if you took the plugins from PEQ or Ax and put them into the EQEmu\plugins folder.

If they aren't there or outdated, then the call to plugin::check_handin won't result in anything and halt the quest where it stands.

Since I've found my own mistake twice, maybe this'll help you.

All the best,

D.