PDA

View Full Version : Weird texture bugs and more character model shit hooray!

Telltolin
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Recently, I've been experiencing a strange and annoying issue in openzone. The texture on all of the trees will change for no apparent reason, but will still look right ingame.

This happened after I did something with a campfire. They weren't animated, unfortunately.
http://www.miriscusltd.com/ozbug1.jpg

The tree turned to wax for no apparent reason, while the others turned grey. It also flickered inbetween wax and ice for a while.
http://www.miriscusltd.com/ozbug2.jpg

Then, they all turned to wood. Except for one. That one didn't. (i moved the elf hut also by the way)
http://www.miriscusltd.com/ozbug3.jpg

SECONDLY AND HITHERTHROUGH,
I would like my zone to have the gfaydark character models. So, I did what any idiot would do, I deleted the tutorial_chr.s3d file, copied the gfaydark_chr.s3d file, and renamed it tutorial_chr. It didn't work. Probably because the .wld remained gfaydark_chr.wld with no indication that it is possible to change it. I thought, "So yeah, I can probably export the .wld and import it into openzone and export it as tutorial_chr and it will all be hunky dory :)" well no, I could only do the first thing. Will it be possible to have the gfaydark character models in my zone or is that just another limitation of everquest?

Sakrateri
12-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Well what you want to change is the gfaydark_chr.TXT NOT the wld files. as for the messed up textures I dont know what you did there but I am sure it was operator error, you need to pay CLOSE attention to what you are doing in openzone as I found out the hard way more then once and there is no undo.... keep practicing and you will get it.

Windcatcher
12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
You also need to make sure that texture caching is OFF in the client. VERY important...

Telltolin
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Well what you want to change is the gfaydark_chr.TXT NOT the wld files.
I tried making a copy of gfaydark_chr.txt and changing it to tutorial_chr.txt. It didn't work.

Scorpious2k
12-20-2007, 07:50 AM
About the mysterious texture changing trees...

OpenZone has this... feature ... when you create an object using sheet, or the other standard shapes, it will default the texture. This default can change - maybe it is doing that each time you export the zone. Make sure they all have the texture coded in and not defaulting (default looks like [texture] ).

Telltolin
12-20-2007, 09:30 AM
About the mysterious texture changing trees...

OpenZone has this... feature ... when you create an object using sheet, or the other standard shapes, it will default the texture. This default can change - maybe it is doing that each time you export the zone. Make sure they all have the texture coded in and not defaulting (default looks like [texture] ).
They're models I've imported from 3ds max, though.
Oh well, it doesn't really bother me. They look fine ingame, and that's what matters.
As for the character models, I'd really like for those to work.