PDA

View Full Version : Tattered Note

shaznito
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I have recently started a new server using EQEmu-0.7.0-1070 and the latest peq-ykesha-release.

All runs well, but I do have a minor Issue I would like to try and resolve. I noticed on most server's hosted by other's, Upon giving the "Guild Summons" to the NPC It will give you a Item In return.

However on my server only a few work for me the rest of them are broke or I didn't set something up right In my Database correctly.
How would I fix this?

Knightly
01-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Hand-ins are usually pretty easy to troubleshoot. I use a program called "Notepad++" because it's free and has pretty colors to let me read the source code easier. You can use any program you like to edit the .pl files or you can get fancy and use one of the quest editors that users have posted (there are some really good ones). Worst case secenario you use nano or wordpad to open the .pl file.

The .pl files are found in your EQEmu directory under quests if you have a default installation. Under quests you'll find several directories that correspond to zones. Find the zone for the quest you're having a problem with and go to that directory. From there you'll see a list of Perl files that usually correspond to NPC names. Find the GM you're having a problem with and use your editor to edit that file.

The section you're looking for will look something like this:
sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{18787} == 1){
quest::say("Ahh.. good.. good.. here. take.. now you Craknek! You bash good. Bash lizards. Bash froggies. Bash mushrooms. Remember. you no help Greenbloods. Crakneks stronger than Greenbloods.");
quest::summonitem("13525");
} else {
#do all other handins first with plugin, then let it do disciplines
plugin::try_tome_handins(\%itemcount, $class, 'Warrior');
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}

Since all the items are done in IDs and not names, it helps to have some point of reference. What I usually do is open MySQL Query Browser, open the database that you're using and run the following Query: SELECT * FROM `database`.`items` WHERE id=#####;

You'll need to replace "database" with your database name (if you followed one of the guides it's probably eqemu, peq, projecteq, ax, axclassic, or axeq depending on the guide). I use a couple of different databases, but we'll use my ProjectEQ database since that's the one I actually keep up to date. The query for my server would be:
SELECT * FROM `projecteq`.`items` WHERE id=18787

Note that the item ID was pulled from the first step in the quest above. The query returns "A tattered note" for the name field. From here there's multiple paths you can go down to troubleshoot:

Make sure that the item that you turned in was the one that the quest wanted (For Example: There are 85 "A tattered note" in the database). You can check this against your character, which I won't go into.

Follow the quest completely to find out if any of the other parts of the quest are working or broken.

etc.

Now, all of that said, the thing that I see come up most often is that people forget to move the "plugins" directory from a CVS or downloaded database to their EQEmu\plugins folder. There's a plugin that a lot of quest writers use (plugin::check_handin) and if that plugin isn't available when you do a hand-in, but the script tries to call it, the hand-in won't work.

Remember that if you fix a quest, post your changes back here (though, not to this part of the forums) so that others can benefit from the work as well.