PDA

View Full Version : Buffing Bot crashes zone.exe

freaklet
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi I am really new to this but i started a server for me and my family and friends to play on works fine have been using it for about a week now with no problems well i wanted to add a Buff bot to help me out when I play alone i have tried everything to get one to work i have used bot codes i have found here and wrote my own you can hail him and he will talk to you and you can run the whole list with him but when you ask for the buff or heal itself it crashes the zone.exe :? can anyone please help me?

Angelox
01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi I am really new to this but i started a server for me and my family and friends to play on works fine have been using it for about a week now with no problems well i wanted to add a Buff bot to help me out when I play alone i have tried everything to get one to work i have used bot codes i have found here and wrote my own you can hail him and he will talk to you and you can run the whole list with him but when you ask for the buff or heal itself it crashes the zone.exe :? can anyone please help me?
Post the Buff-Bot script

freaklet
01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
well i tryed 3 so far and all 3 crashed the same way
2 i got off of the forums and 1 i made myself (was the worst one lol)
this is the last one i tried
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings $name. If you want me to cast a spell on you, please say so and I will give you my [pricelist]. If you want me to [heal] you, please say so and I will do it for free.");
}

if($text=~/pricelist/i)
{
quest::say("I can cast the following spells : Spirit of Wolf = [sow], Dead Man Floating = [dmf], Clarity II = [clarity], Spiritual Light = [sl], Spiritual Radiance = [sr], Temperance = [temp], Virtue = [virtue], KEI = [kei], Conviction = [conv], Clairvoyance = [clairo]");
}

if ($text=~/heal/i)
{
quest::selfcast(13);
}

if ($text=~/sow/i)
{
quest::selfcast(278);
}

if ($text=~/dmf/i)
{
quest::selfcast(457);
}

if ($text=~/clarity/i)
{
quest::selfcast(1693);
}

if ($text=~/sl/i)
{
quest::selfcast(2176);
}

if ($text=~/sr/i)
{
quest::selfcast(2177);
}

if ($text=~/temp/i)
{
quest::selfcast(3692);
}

if ($text=~/virtue/i)
{
quest::selfcast(3467);
}

if ($text=~/kei/i)
{
quest::selfcast(2570);
}

if ($text=~/conv/i)
{
quest::selfcast(5257);
}

if ($text=~/clairo/i)
{
quest::selfcast(5513);
}

}

Annihilator
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Cleaned up the code a little bit so I could read it easier. Tried it out on my test server and it worked fine. Didn't crash or anything. What EQEmu are you running and what Database?

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::say("Greetings $name. If you want me to cast a spell on you, please say so and I will give you my [pricelist]. If you want me to [heal] you, please say so and I will do it for free."); }

if($text=~/pricelist/i){
quest::say("I can cast the following spells : Spirit of Wolf = [sow], Dead Man Floating = [dmf], Clarity II = [clarity], Spiritual Light = [sl], Spiritual Radiance = [sr], Temperance = [temp], Virtue = [virtue], KEI = [kei], Conviction = [conv], Clairvoyance = [clairvo]");}

if ($text=~/heal/i){
quest::selfcast(13);}

if ($text=~/sow/i){
quest::selfcast(278);}

if ($text=~/dmf/i){
quest::selfcast(457);}

if ($text=~/clarity/i){
quest::selfcast(1693);}

if ($text=~/sl/i){
quest::selfcast(2176);}

if ($text=~/sr/i){
quest::selfcast(2177);}

if ($text=~/temp/i){
quest::selfcast(3692);}

if ($text=~/virtue/i){
quest::selfcast(3467);}

if ($text=~/kei/i){
quest::selfcast(2570);}

if ($text=~/conv/i){
quest::selfcast(5257);}

if ($text=~/clairvo/i){
quest::selfcast(5513);}

}

Angelox
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Moved this thread to an appropriate forum.