PDA

View Full Version : Bind Wound

cavedude
01-15-2008, 01:30 AM
In the current EQEmu builds, bind wound requires the player to train 1 point into it before it works. That's annoying for the players and for anybody who handles bug reports ;) So, here is my quick workaround:

In world/client.cpp find:

pp.skills[SENSE_HEADING] = 200;

After that, add:

pp.skills[BIND_WOUND] = 1;

This will start all new players with 1 point in bind wound so it will work. This is not technically correct so it shouldn't be put in the official code. I just started a noob toon on Live and had 0 in bind wound. Maybe somebody else can quickly figure out how to get bind wound to work at 0 (I bet a skill check needs to be removed somewhere, since everybody gets bind wound) but for now, I hope this helps some.

KLS
01-15-2008, 05:44 AM
(I bet a skill check needs to be removed somewhere, since everybody gets bind wound)

Is exactly what needs to happen.. I've got a lot of small fixes I need to commit soon I'll try to remember to get that in too.

Knightly
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Since KLS appears to have fixed this, I will skip the testing of it. After I saw your post cavedude, I tested by changing client_packet.cpp:
void Client::Handle_OP_Bind_Wound(const EQApplicationPacket *app)
{
if(!HasSkill(BIND_WOUND))
return;

To:
{
Message(0,"You have no bind wound skill!");
return;

Which causes the user to receive a message saying "You have no bind wound skill." When they try to bind wounds with 0 skill.

After looking it over, I assumed that changing that to:
{
/*if(!HasSkill(BIND_WOUND))
Message(0,"You have no bind wound skill!");
return;*/

Would fix the issue entirely since no character SHOULD be without the bind wound skill. I compiled, but didn't have time to test since I've been tied up at the office.

Knightly
01-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I did get a chance to test this and removing:
return;

Does fix it as an interim solution until KLS has a chance to submit the real fix.

KLS
01-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Actually that's the fix all together, bind wound shouldn't be checking for skill since everyone has it and it should work at 0.