PDA

View Full Version : De-level Quest for an Item

trevius
01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
You need all 3 parts in the posts following combined for the complete quest.

#quest to de-level a character in exhange For a nice item

sub EVENT_SAY {
{
if(($text=~/hail/i)&&($ulevel <= 69)){
quest::say("Hello, $name, surely you don't remember me...no, no you wouldn't! That's right! If you are here to give me back that nice item I gave you, then go ahead. Otherwise scram and don't come back until you reach level 70.");
}
elsif(($text=~/hail/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("Hello, $name, I have a type of quest for you that you have most likely never heard of before. Let's just say it doesn't come without a heavy [price].");
}
}
if(($text=~/price/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("If you are willing to give up your seasoned level 70 experience to me, I can give you an [item] in exchange. Your experience shall be added to mine to make me even more powerful than I am now! Ask me about the [item] types I can give you if you want to hear more.");
}

if(($text=~/item/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("I have items of all sorts. I have [weapons], [jewelry], [accessories], [caster armor], and [melee armor].");
}
if(($text=~/weapons/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("Be warned that if you ask for any of these items, I will give you the item And set you back to level 1 immediately after you ask! The items I can give you are a 1 handed [sword], a 1 handed [blunt] weapon, a [dagger], a 2 handed [axe], a 2 handed [polearm], a [bow], a [shield], Or an [orb].");
}
if(($text=~/jewelry/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("Be warned that if you ask for any of these items, I will give you the item and set you back to level 1 immediately after you ask! The items I can give you are a [ring], a [necklace], or an [earring]");
}
if(($text=~/accessories/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("Be warned that if you ask for any of these items, I will give you the item and set you back to level 1 immediately after you ask! The items I can give you are a [belt], a [mask], a [cloak], or a [shouderpad] ");
}
if(($text=~/caster armor/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("Be warned that if you ask for any of these items, I will give you the item and set you back to level 1 immediately after you ask! The items I can give you are a [robe], [pants], a [wristband], a [cap], [shoes], [sleeves], or [gloves] ");
}
if(($text=~/melee armor/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("Be warned that if you ask for any of these items, I will give you the item and set you back to level 1 immediately after you ask! The items I can give you are a [chestplate], [leggings], a [bracer], a [helm], [boots], [vambraces], or [gauntlets]");
}

trevius
01-16-2008, 06:38 PM
if(($text=~/^sword$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("You asked for it! Here is your item in exchange for your experience. HaHa, YES! I grow ever stronger! Your experience and most of your memories are now mine!");
quest::emote("casts a spell and before you know it, you can barely remember why you are here. You look down to your hand to see your newly aquired item.");
quest::summonitem(12941);
quest::level(1);
quest::say("If you decide at anytime that this item was not worth your experience, then return it to me in good condition and I will restore your experience.");
}
if(($text=~/^blunt$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
quest::say("You asked for it! Here is your item in exchange for your experience. HaHa, YES! I grow ever stronger! Your experience and most of your memories are now mine!");
quest::emote("casts a spell and before you know it, you can barely remember why you are here. You look down to your hand to see your newly aquired item.");
quest::say("If you decide at anytime that this item was not worth your experience, then return it to me in good condition and I will restore your experience.");
}
if(($text=~/^dagger$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^axe$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^polearm$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^bow$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^shield$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^orb$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^ring$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^necklace$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^earring$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^belt$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^mask$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^cloak$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^shoulderpad$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^robe$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}

trevius
01-16-2008, 06:47 PM
if(($text=~/^pants$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^wristband$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^cap$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^shoes$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^sleeves$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^gloves$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^chestplate$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^leggings$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^bracer$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^helm$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^boots$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^vambraces$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
if(($text=~/^guantlets$/i)&&($ulevel == 70)){
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 || $item1 == 12941 ){
quest::say("Looks like you took good care of it! Here are your levels back.");
quest::emote("casts a spell and you instantly feel more powerful! Like you could take on anything in battle!");
quest::level(70);
}
else {
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
quest::say("I have no use for this item, $name. Take it back.");
}
}

Combine all 3 code posts into notepad and that is the complete quest. It has quite a lot of reward possibilities, and they could definitely be cut down to just a few or even just 1 reward item.

I thought this idea was kinda cool, because it is a way to get people to experience your custom level 1 - 70 content again, to get more use out of it. It is also something different for people to put time into other than just killing raid mobs to get upgrades. I got the idea when someone asked to trade a level 70 character in exchange for an item on the forums of a server I play on. He said he doesn't like raiding, but loves to level characters, lol. Since most servers have increased experience, and your character will have insane gear for low levels, leveling back up would be pretty easy. The rewards couldn't be quite as good as raid gear, but somewhere between raid and solo-able gear. Or maybe just have the reward be special items like clicky buffs. Also, if the player decides that the reward isn't worth the leveling, they can return it and get their level 70 back.

Mrwalsh
02-05-2008, 11:56 PM
This is pretty cool. I'll be testing this on my personal server tonight.