PDA

View Full Version : How do you get Quests working?

gatorman
01-18-2008, 12:14 PM
I wish I knew... =(

I have the latest quests downloaded from wincvs. I placed them in my eqemu\quests directory.

Activeperl is installed...

What else am I missing?

I tested a few beginner quests, one of which:

Grand Master Glox in East Cabillis, the monk Guildmaster. If i turn my note in, he should give me shackles. This quest works on other servers, so how can I get it, and others working?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

gatorman
01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Actually, some quests do work. The Dark Elf Rogue newbie turn in worked for me.

So this means things are installed correctly... but perhaps my quest files are not up to date? =/ I used the peq_quests (using wincvs) .. not sure what the deal is ...

Striat
01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Based on the info you've provided, it seems as though quest npcs do speak correctly. However, some npcs will accept item turn-ins and some do not.

I referenced the npc you mentioned and some rogue guildmaster npcs in neriakc. I'm fairly certain that your problem is that you do not have the needed plugins. Go to your eqemu/plugins folder. You should have 4 there if you're using peq quests and they have created 4 plugins and the npc monk gm you referred to uses a couple of these.

You can find the plugins at http://eqemuquests.cvs.sourceforge.net/eqemuquests/peq_quests/plugins/

Or, just check your eqemu/quests folder. If you d/l'ed via cvs, you should have a plugins folder in your quests folder. Just copy those files into your plugin folder and you should be good to go!

Good luck!

gatorman
01-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes, that was the problem.

I had the plugins in my quest/plugins folder, but they were old. I got the new ones and put them in the eqemu/plugins folder and overwrote the old ones in the quests/plugins folder. After rebooting the eq server (just the game rather), all was good!

Thanks for your help!

-Blaz