PDA

View Full Version : An actual working Item editor

Astaldoath
01-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Does anyone plan on making one. I cant stand the interface in georges (sorry man no offense) Its impossible to make many items quickly. I with the item editor that used to work still did. It had visuals off all the icons. Man that thing was awesome.

Mangoos, thats what it was, man that guy was talented. Im DLing georges now and im gonna try to use it. Devs should really start making an edit exactly like mangoos

ChaosSlayer
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Geogre editor IMHO prety nice - and the good part he is working on making it better all the time. - and I keep workign on giving him more things to implement =)

There is an actual interface problem that the editor does not use an actual windows "window" (imposible to minimize, always pops up etc) and does not want to fit into my screen 100% no matter what I do =)
But I kind of got used to that, and hopefuly they gona get fixed soemday

overall one MAJOR feature George editor could use is a button to create LARGE number of copies of same item - chain clicking "copy item" 50 times kind of anoying when making custom world DB

Astaldoath
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Geogre editor IMHO prety nice - and the good part he is working on making it better all the time. - and I keep workign on giving him more things to implement =)

There is an actual interface problem that the editor does not use an actual windows "window" (imposible to minimize, always pops up etc) and does not want to fit into my screen 100% no matter what I do =)
But I kind of got used to that, and hopefuly they gona get fixed soemday

overall one MAJOR feature George editor could use is a button to create LARGE number of copies of same item - chain clicking "copy item" 50 times kind of anoying when making custom world DB

I wish I could help george but im not a programmer lol. I could help redesign the interface for him. That is the worst part hehe. Im gonna ask him if he wants my help.

GeorgeS
01-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Like I mentioned in the, PM the task of changing the interface is no easy task.

Btw the item editor was made skinned and I worked hard on that interface to give it that eq feel, but each for himself. Anyway, I will add options as requested to make editing easier - as well as making multiple copies...

Anyone can help and contribute to the source, but it has to be open source - no questions about this - this is a request directly from FNW and myself...

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
on multy-copies

basicly it could prabobly be easier done directly in mySQL however I can't seem to get line insertion working for items.
There is one field there which has some weird properties (searilization???) which won't just copy over. It comes up with an error

Astaldoath
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
How do you make a new item with your editor lol, sorry for asking but I dont see a new item button or anything of the sort...

Astaldoath
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Hmmm that sucks. I went to edit the item, hit copy thinking ok It will make a copy of the item but no It still edits the original item lol.

/sigh

oh nm, it does it just sets the ID automatically, which sucks. It makes it hard to keep track of your items.

Astaldoath
01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Just have to repost here to give mad props to George

I learned how to use your item editor and its not to bad at all actually.

You just gotta get used to it.

The best thing you could do imo is add the ability to change the icon. Like when you click on the icon, a box of all the in game Icons would appear and you can pick one. Also an actual model view would be so wonderful but i expect thats extremely hard to implement.

ChaosSlayer
01-25-2008, 11:02 AM
what I do I use George editor togther with mySQl browser

while the browser has ALL the information thre is, the George gives quick access to most commonly used areas and a visual representation of item stats.
scrolling fields in mySQl browser to discover how much STR item has, and then scroll all way back to find click effect, can be a pain, while George shows thsi in eq-liek format - all in one little box

however when it comes to IDs - firts i create all i want to create in George's, then I go to browser and sort items around in accordance to where they should be ID number wise

Astaldoath
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
what I do I use George editor togther with mySQl browser

while the browser has ALL the information thre is, the George gives quick access to most commonly used areas and a visual representation of item stats.
scrolling fields in mySQl browser to discover how much STR item has, and then scroll all way back to find click effect, can be a pain, while George shows thsi in eq-liek format - all in one little box

however when it comes to IDs - firts i create all i want to create in George's, then I go to browser and sort items around in accordance to where they should be ID number wise

good idea, may do that in navicat if i need too. Im gonna get the whole server working the way I want it then stash it because I dont have a machine capable of serving more then like 5 people or the connection for it

GeorgeS
01-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Regarding editing/creating multiple items - ther newest version fixes the issue of tracking you items. You specify a custom tag and then create the item/s (clicking copy multiple times works now, but clear the search list box otherwise your items appear at the bottom of the list)

To find your custom items, go to advanced search and specify your custom tag as a search criteria (should be close to bottom of list) and then apply filter, then search. It works great. Hope this works for you.

GeorgeS

btw - the custom tag goes in the 'source' field