PDA

View Full Version : Items...Whats the deal?

Locoelf
06-17-2002, 04:52 PM
Yah...so I create 65 some items using FQAdmin 2.6

So...Then I read it is "impossible to create items using 2.6." - Ariak

So some questions arise...

1. Will the ITEM structure change with 0.3.4?

2. How can I currently create items? (FQAdmin 2.5?)

3. Is there anyway to SALVAGE the items I created?

Thanks...

Lyenu X`Arie
06-17-2002, 05:14 PM
Q1: Will the item struct change in 0.3.4?

A1: Yes. The struct of the items has changed making old items now usable.

Q2: How can I create items?

A2: You can use FQ admin to create items, but please be aware that they will not work with 0.3.4 until FQ admin releases a new version with the new structures.

Q3: Is there anyway to keep the items I have already made?

A3: We will not be release the item convertor to the public if we make one I believe. But we will be release a seperate item DB with converted items. This means the new releases from now on will have brand new items from liveEQ (please run the NEW packetcollector once it is out and run it while you play EQ to help our DB grow =) )

Ariak
06-22-2002, 01:12 PM
I bet the item added something like..

0,0,0,0); at the end of the thread. Probaly an easy fix, no? :)

Kaiyodo
06-22-2002, 11:34 PM
I've had a look at the current Hackersquest item struct and it's a little more complicated than adding 4 bytes at the end :( The name field is now 64 bytes rather than 35, lore field is 20 bytes longer and AC and HP are now 16-bit integers instead of 8. There are probably a lot more changes, but I wasn't going to look into it that deeply until I have some 0.3.4 data to play with.

Apart from the data sizes changing there didn't appear to be many functional differences between the two structures, so a converter would just have to map old values to new, not a difficult task.

Lyenu, Is there any particular reason for the devs not releasing the converter?

K.

Lurker_005
06-23-2002, 02:51 AM
I already asked, no one had worked on one.

I did convert the HQ item data for use in the EQEmu. That is what is running on hogiebane right now. I also have the old data converted, but I havn't verified that it is correct yet.

Ariak
06-25-2002, 11:33 PM
How is it converted, Lurk? Thanks! :)