PDA

View Full Version : Character Flags

narcberry
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
I understand there are flags for a character to open up certain zones to them. But are more general flags implemented so that I can tell if a player finished a certain quest or questline?

ChaosSlayer
01-31-2008, 11:20 AM
from what i read there are quest flags which are global and can be stored in char data and they actualy work =)

also from what i read the zone flags cuase zone to crash when used... But then I am curious how did they got PoP progression to work at ProjectEQ in this case...

ChaosSlayer
01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
this thread here gives few samples
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23826&highlight=globals

AndMetal
01-31-2008, 05:07 PM
I understand there are flags for a character to open up certain zones to them. But are more general flags implemented so that I can tell if a player finished a certain quest or questline?

You're looking for quest globals, like ChaosSlayer mentioned, which are stored in the quest_globals table. There is a page in the Wiki (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=QuestTutorial) (about 3/4 of the way down) that goes over how you can access them, which is how the Planar Progression quests work in the PEQ DB.

They are accessible directly in the scripts by adding a Dollar Sign ($) in front of the global name (so, calling it directly as a variable, like $quest_global_variable), although the "better" way to do it, like the post linked above mentions, is calling it from the array qglobals (so, %qglobals{quest_global_variable} for example).

also from what i read the zone flags cuase zone to crash when used... But then I am curious how did they got PoP progression to work at ProjectEQ in this case...

Zone flags do not cause a zone to crash, at least to my knowledge. I have several people on my server who have completed Planar Progression up to the Halls of Honor A trials without any problems with zone crashing.

KLS
01-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Getting into a zone you weren't flagged for used to cause the client to get disconnected instead of zoning to the arena... shouldn't be an issues with them anymore though.