PDA

View Full Version : I *may* get flamed for not being more observant, but here it

h37lion
06-18-2002, 07:56 AM
Ok, I know this has been talked about, and a lot of people want it.. but is it possible at all to make npcs follow 'movements' or 'paths' ? My quest writing is getting so fine-tuned, that if I could make an npc or 2 move, or have set movements they do, back and fourth... it would make my world a lot more alive, as well as many other people.

Question number 2 is, how do you set an npc ADD_HATELIST or whichever to kill anything that is a monster within a certain range (such as the guards in misty thicket, freeport, etc. how you can run toward the guards for help and they kill whatever is killing you) and actually make the npc say (if for example the creature was a bixie) "Time to die, a bixie .." and it kills it.

I think this could be very entertaining, and while it's basically an act of 'copying' Verant and all, it adds a huge element to the world. With this ability, one could tell certain random npcs out in the middle of nowhere to guard you... to kind of tell you that you are on the right track quest-wise. In my world, all the npcs are pretty harsh, and you would die a lot more often (in non-city zones) but the items are a lot more intense... you are guaranteed at least a few GP per kill (as a newbie 1gp is valuable), hence lowering the 'neediness' of beggers and focusing gameplay on the game, instead of making money. (Don't get me wrong, you still have to earn cash and stuff)

Very last question for now (I promise)
I'm not very adept with material id's, and as I create some items... It would be nice to know what material looks like what.. to be able to more accurately (and frankly 100X faster) create armor, etc. Technichally, I believe that if you could definie which material any item had mapped around it, you could, for example, map a crystal webshield texture to armor (cool mostly transparent texture with just a hint of white to it)

This type of customization would allow a lot as far as worldbuilding, allow higher depth quests, and most importantly allow us to create heavy feature-rich worlds. I (speaking for myself only) am so ambitious about my world and the progress it's made (I have created at least 5 spell quests for nearly every city... which allows druids/mages/wizards/ench'ers, etc to gain higher-level spells through some blood sweat and tears..) that I am going to publically release my final world (whenever it's finished) to the public. While the true spectacle will be to mainly caster-based classes and warrior/monk classes, my ideas (Im very certain) will revolutionize the idea of EqEmu and inspire a lot of people to start worldbuilding.

Any ideas on any of this, I would sincerely appreciate!

Shawn319
06-18-2002, 09:56 AM
I *may* get flamed for not being more observant, but here it goes

flaming is againsts the rules :) this isint hackersquest. if thay flame, thay get banned.

Baron Sprite
06-18-2002, 02:26 PM
I believe mavolent had some movement a couple months ago ^_^

Drawde
06-18-2002, 09:34 PM
NPCs will (usually :) ) help you out if their faction is set up so that you are allied to them (+1000 or greater).

As for armour materials, this is the list from armorpatterns.txt in the EQEmuAdmin directory -
0 Armor (cloth)
1 Armor (leather)
2 Armor (chain)
3 Armor (plate)
4 Armor (monk)
5 Armor (chitin)
7 Armor (scale)
10 Robe (advisor pattern)
11 Robe (FBR pattern)
12 Robe (ishva pattern)
13 Robe (oracle pattern)
14 Robe (kedge pattern)