PDA

View Full Version : North Karana: Corrupt Guards : Capt_Linarius

gatorman
02-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Here is a quest given by Capt_Linarius in North Karana regarding "Corrupt Guards"

A couple of notes about this quest... If you give him a 'loyal guard bracer' he will attack you. This should be pretty accurate to live, however, it seems that the corrupt guards (Guard Mccluskey and Guard Donlan) give both the loyal and corrupt bracers which needs to be fixed. Also, other guards seem to be dropping the corrupt bracers, and I THINK only Mccluskey and Donlan should be dropping the corrupt bracers.

#############
#Quest Name: Corrupt Guards
#Author: Blaz
#NPCs Involved: 2
#Items Involved: 1
#################
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text =~ /Hail/i) {
quest::say("Hail, traveler! You are free to rest within this keep or within any of my towers along the roads to Qeynos. My guards shall keep watch over you. While you tread upon the roads, be warned that there are [local dangers] as well as rumors of [corrupt guards].");
}
if($text =~ /corrupt guards/i) {
quest::say("I have heard rumors of dissension among my guards. I will reward any fine resident for the death of these traitorous guards. If you find you must kill one, bring his guard bracelet back to me. I cannot allow such men among my guards. Be sure they are corrupt, or I shall have your head as well.");
}
if($text =~ /local dangers/i) {
quest::say("My guards report daily to me of dangers in the plains. Lately, they've been telling me of rumors of [Lord Grimrot].");
}
if($text =~ /Lord Grimrot/i) {
quest::say("My guards have heard rumors of this Lord Grimrot. It is said that he is a powerful shadowknight who is raising an army of undead. Such things should be reported to the Temle of Life. Journey to Qeynos and speak with Camlend Serbold. Tell him of Lord Grimrot.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
# Corrupt Guards Bracelet (Guard Bracelet - 13303)
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13303 => 1))
{
quest::say("What a pity. Such a promising soldier. I thank you for ridding us of this corruption and offer you this as a reward. It is nothing more than junk which littered the roadways of the Plains of Karana. I hope you can find a use for it.");
quest::exp(2000);
#random Bunker Battle Blade , Round Shield
$random = quest::ChooseRandom(5369,9002);
quest::summonitem($random);
# 8 gold, 19 copper
quest::givecash("19","0","8","0");
# Guards of Qeynos
quest::faction("135","10");
# Antonius Bayle
quest::faction("9","10");
# Corrupt Qeynos Guards
quest::faction("53","-10");
# Circle Of Unseen Hands
quest::faction("33","-10");
# Merchants of Qeynos
quest::faction("217","10");

}
# Loyal Guards Bracelet (Guard Bracelet - 13304)
elsif (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13304 => 1))
{
#Text made up...
quest::say("You fool!!! You have slain a loyal defender of the guard! Prepare to DIE!!!");
quest::attack($name);
}
else
{
#do all other handins first with plugin
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
quest::say("I do not need this...");
}

}

-Blaz

cavedude
02-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Submitted the quest to PEQ and made the appropriate db changes, thanks.