PDA

View Full Version : North Karana: Research Aid : Mrysila

gatorman
02-09-2008, 07:33 AM
This is the updated and complete version of the Research Aid quest found in North Karana given by Mrysila at the gypsy camp.

One note... Mrysila is a 34 % spawn according to the database ... is this correct? She seems to be sharing her spawn with a wisp and a wolf.

Also, the experience rewarded is derived from experiences of those who have completed the quests before (from Alakhazam...)

#############
#Quest Name: Research Aid
#Author: Blaz
#NPCs Involved: 1
#Items Involved: 3
#################
sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){

quest::say("I am Mrysila. custodian of the [Concordance of Research].");
}
if($text=~/Concordance of Research/i){

quest::say("The 'Concordance of Research' is an aid to those who follow the path of academia. It, and its sister books, 'Runes and Research,' volumes I and II, help those who are [interested] in researching spells.");
}
if($text=~/interested/i){

quest::say("I have several copies of each book. If you want a copy of 'Runes and Research', volume I or II, bring me a lightstone and I will give you whichever book I have more of at the moment. Bring me a greater lightstone, and I will give you a copy of the 'Concordance of Research.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
#Lightstone turn in, reward is either Runes and Research Volume I or II
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 10300 => 1)) {
quest::say("A lightstone? Thank you very much. Here is a copy of 'Runes and Research'.");
quest::exp(14500);
$random = quest::ChooseRandom(18175,18176);
quest::summonitem($random); #Runes and Research Volume I or Runes and Research Volume II
}
#Greater lightstone turn in, reward is Concordance of Research
elsif (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 10400 => 1)) {
quest::say("A greater lightstone? Thank you very much. Here is a 'Concordance of Research' for you.");
quest::exp(16000);
quest::summonitem(17504); #Concordance of Research
}
else {
quest::say("$name, I don't need this."); #text made up
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}

}

#END of FILE Zone:northkarana ID:13067 -- Mrysila

-Blaz

cavedude
02-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Committed to PEQ. I see her as being a 100% pop, though which is correct.