PDA

View Full Version : Quest writing

Andrew80k
02-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I'd like to help with writing some quests. I'm pretty good with perl. I just don't know what to start with. I went to the peq/quests web page but I really can't tell what someone is working on. I don't have a lot of time to sit down and work on something for a long time, but I can do stuff in small blocks. I thought of starting with some of the smaller quests around Surefall/Blackburrow/Qeynos and see if I can get them to work. I have my own server with mini-login installed and it seems to be working great. I've been reading all the posts on the site dealing with quest writing so now I'd kinda like to get my feet wet. I just don't want to duplicate effort either. Any suggestions?

Theeper
02-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Download the most recent quest pack from PeQ and check if the quest you want to write is there. If it's not there, it's probably not done. Before I spent time on a large quest like PoP flagging, I would probably ask CaveDude and maybe some of the other PEQ guys if anyone is currently working on it.

cavedude
02-19-2008, 12:14 PM
http://projecteq.net/quests will give you a list of all of the quests that are written. This doesn't include minor events like ring events not associated with quests and the like, but since PEQ does have many of them in and working, I'd probably steer clear of them. Besides, there are more than enough quests to keep you busy, anyway.