PDA

View Full Version : Quests::A Torn Pouch & Chomper

shaznito
02-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I pulled an all nighter to do these quests and write them :) and while I was waiting for kevlin wps I just happen to run over to the pond and jumped in and after five long days chomper had poped! YAY!

After extensive testing I got everything to work as much as live as I could. feel free to tell me what you think. Being that this quest is a 2 parter I merged them into one like this quicker to post. I hope this is ok.

Part 1
#############
#Quest Name:A Torn Pouch
#Author:Shaznito
#NPCs Involved:Toelia Snuckery
#Items Involved:Torn Old Pouch
#############
Part 2
#############
#Quest Name:Chomper
#Author:Shaznito
#NPCs Involved:Toelia Snuckery
#Items Involved:Large Ruby
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){

quest::say("Oh. hi. Listen. um.. $name. was it? Listen. pal. I really don't have time for the friendly-friendly. so why don't you just move on?");

}

if($text=~/I am the new dishwasher/i && $faction == 5){

quest::say("You need to prove your dedication to our cause before I can discuss such matters with you.");

}

if($text=~/I am the new dishwasher/i && $faction < 5 && $faction > 2){

quest::say("Dishwasher, huh? You must not mind getting your feet wet then, huh? Well, I do have a job for you. It seems one of our younger employees got a little nevous around a Deputy and ditched his um.. recent purchase into the river. We sent the fool after it but ol' [Chomper] got him. He said he had dropped it off the docks but the currents might have moved it from there. It should be in an old pouch. Return the merchandise to me. Well? Get going!");

}

if($text=~/Who is chomper/i){

quest::say("Chomper is a big, mean ol' fish. He looks like a normal fish, but a little bigger, and boy, oh boy, is he mean!");

}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13785 => 1)){
quest::say("'What is this? The pouch is empty! Where is the Ruby?! What do you mean you don't have it? Oh no. I bet [Chomper] swallowed it! Get it back and bring it to me.");
quest::faction(77,5);
quest::faction(33,5);
quest::faction(218,-5);
quest::faction(48,5);
quest::faction(31,5);
quest::exp(5);
quest::givecash(2,0,0,0);
}
elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13786 => 1)){
quest::say("'You found it! Heh. Good thing you brought it back bub. This thing isn't priceless, its worthless but at least you proved you are loyal. Poor ol' Chomper..");
quest::faction(77,10);
quest::faction(33,10);
quest::faction(218,-10);
quest::faction(48,10);
quest::faction(31,10);
quest::exp(10);
quest::givecash(12,1,0,0);
} else { quest::say("I have no need for this item $name, you can have it back.");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}

#END of FILE Zone:rivervale ID:19063 -- Toelia_Snuckery

cavedude
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Perfect, the ground spawn is already in and Chomper's loot is fine. Thank you! You only forgot to comment out Part 1 and Part 2, and keep the rogue discipline check.

shaznito
02-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Actually I left that out on purpose :) reason for that was on live, apparently they let any class do it now :/ I did the quest with a lvl 52 ranger and 54 cleric successfully.

I'm not sure but it would make more sense being the fact of the matter is why would they do that when its in the rogues guild? It's like they changed it into some kind of faction quest. but it wouldn't hurt to fix that if sony did break that :D

cavedude
02-29-2008, 06:29 AM
No, I meant the rogue discipline hand-in at the end of the script was left out ;)

shaznito
02-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I had to get the old file back off cvs to see what I did and I saw what you were talking about. I forgot to put this back in her .pl file ooppss :D
plus I tried adding some detail on what area was part 1 and part 2 does this look right?

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){

quest::say("Oh. hi. Listen. um.. $name. was it? Listen. pal. I really don't have time for the friendly-friendly. so why don't you just move on?");

}

if($text=~/I am the new dishwasher/i && $faction == 5){

quest::say("You need to prove your dedication to our cause before I can discuss such matters with you.");

}

if($text=~/I am the new dishwasher/i && $faction < 5 && $faction > 2){

quest::say("Dishwasher, huh? You must not mind getting your feet wet then, huh? Well, I do have a job for you. It seems one of our younger employees got a little nevous around a Deputy and ditched his um.. recent purchase into the river. We sent the fool after it but ol' [Chomper] got him. He said he had dropped it off the docks but the currents might have moved it from there. It should be in an old pouch. Return the merchandise to me. Well? Get going!");

}

if($text=~/Who is chomper/i){

quest::say("Chomper is a big, mean ol' fish. He looks like a normal fish, but a little bigger, and boy, oh boy, is he mean!");

}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
# This is part 1 of the chomper quest hand in "Torn Old Pouch"
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13785 => 1){
quest::say("'What is this? The pouch is empty! Where is the Ruby?! What do you mean you don't have it? Oh no. I bet [Chomper] swallowed it! Get it back and bring it to me.");
quest::faction(77,5);
quest::faction(33,5);
quest::faction(218,-5);
quest::faction(48,5);
quest::faction(31,5);
quest::exp(5);
quest::givecash(2,0,0,0);
} # This is part 2 of the chomper quest, kill him and hand in a "Large Ruby" to complete.
elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13786 => 1){
quest::say("'You found it! Heh. Good thing you brought it back bub. This thing isn't priceless, its worthless but at least you proved you are loyal. Poor ol' Chomper..");
quest::faction(77,10);
quest::faction(33,10);
quest::faction(218,-10);
quest::faction(48,10);
quest::faction(31,10);
quest::exp(10);
quest::givecash(12,1,0,0);
} else {
#do all other handins first with plugin, then let it do disciplines
quest::say("I have no need for this item $name, you can have it back.");
plugin::try_tome_handins(\%itemcount, $class, 'Rogue');
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);