#############
#Quest Name:Honey Jum
#Author:Shaznito
#NPCs Involved:Lil Honeybugger, Kizzie_Mintopp
#Items Involved:3 Honeycombs, 30 gold
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){

quest::say("Enough talk there. chatterbox. You buy lots of herbs. I gotta make a living. not more friends.");

}
if($text=~/what is honey jum recipe/i){

quest::say("It's a secret!! I get the honeycombs and combine them with the secret sauce and..presto.. honey jum!! It is used by only the wisest as a component. And you can only get it from Kizzie. It is also good on batwing crunchies. If you like.. Kizzie can [make honey jum] for you?");

}

if($text=~/make honey jum for me/i){

quest::say("No, no, no!! You will not get honey jum until you give Kizzie three honeycombs and thirty gold coins. Honey jum is valuable. Kizzie raised the fee!! That is how it works.");

}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13953 => 3) && $gold == 30) {

quest::say ("You are one lucky bixie buster. I just made a batch of honey jum. Here. No waiting for you. One jar for your good work. Bye, now!");

quest::summonitem(13952);
quest::faction(218,5);
quest::faction(77,5);
quest::faction(133,5);
quest::faction(208,5);
quest::faction(48,-5);
quest::exp(50);

}

plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
quest::say("This is not all!! Kizzie says, three honeycombs and thirty gold coins!! Oooh!! They never listen.");
}
#END of FILE Zone:rivervale ID:19070 -- Kizzie_Mintopp

This part is for Lil Honeybugger

#############
#Quest Name:Honey Jum
#Author:Shaznito
#NPCs Involved:Lil Honeybugger, Kizzie_Mintopp
#Items Involved:3 Honeycombs, 30 gold
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){

quest::say("Hello. My brother Joogl is a great bixie hunter. No one can smash bixies like my brother. He is the best. He works for [Kizzie Mintopp].");

}

if($text=~/who is kizzie mintopp/i){

quest::say("Kizzie owns the Herb Shop in Rivervale. She is the keeper of the [honey jum recipe].");

}

if($text=~/what honey jum recipe/i){

quest::say("I do not know, but it tastes good on bixie crunchies. Kizzie makes it with the honeycombs my brother collects from the bixies.");

}
}

AndMetal
03-04-2008, 08:10 PM
sub EVENT_ITEM {

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13953 => 3) && $gold == 30) {

quest::say ("You are one lucky bixie buster. I just made a batch of honey jum. Here. No waiting for you. One jar for your good work. Bye, now!");

quest::summonitem(13952);
quest::faction(218,5);
quest::faction(77,5);
quest::faction(133,5);
quest::faction(208,5);
quest::faction(48,-5);
quest::exp(50);

}

plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
quest::say("This is not all!! Kizzie says, three honeycombs and thirty gold coins!! Oooh!! They never listen.");
}

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you need to put the plugin::return_items & quest say into an else statement, otherwise it will not only return the leftover items every time, but also the return dialogue.

I think an overarching solution to this is to modify plugin::return_items to return values like check_handin does, that way, you can do something like this:

if (plugin::return_items(\%itemcount)) {
quest::say("Steempy, you eediot! I don't need these items!!");
}

I tried to do this a while back, but for some reason, I couldn't get any positive values returned. Then again, I'm also not sure if world needs to be restarted to have the plugin scripts reloaded.

shaznito
03-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Usually if you don't see that plug-in there you know I forgot or overlooked it normally I always try to include it. I rush because I only have a very limited time on a borrowed live account to do the quests then write them.