PDA

View Full Version : Quest::Yuio's Illness

realityincarnate
03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
The wakizashi of the frozen skies was one of my favorite mid-level weapons back in "the day", so I decided to finish up that quest.

Jali_Kaliio.pl zone:Stonebrunt

#############
#Quest Name: Yuio's Illness
#Author: RealityIncarnate
#NPCs Involved: Jali Kaliio, Khonza Ayssla,
#Items Involved: Asp poison sac (16984), tiger skin (13762), bamboo shoot (6973), kejekan palm fruit (6974), panda claws (6961), vial of healing liquid (6976), burlap satchel (17884)
#################

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text =~ /hail/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings outsider. I trust you have [peaceful intentions] while visiting our village?");
}
if($text =~ /peaceful intentions/i) {
quest::say("That is good to hear. Those filthy kobolds have caused enough trouble. We do not need more enemies.");
quest::me("Jali turns around and glances at another Kejekan. This one seems somewhat ill. Her fur is coming out in patches and strange sores cover her body.");
quest::say("That is my wife, Yuio. She has come down with a sickness, no doubt caused by those accursed kobolds.");
quest::me("Anger wracks Jali's face as he speaks.");
quest::say("I would ask you for [help] but you are a stranger and owe us nothing. Of course if you did assist me, I would be forever greatful.");
}
if($text =~ /help/i) {
quest::say("Oh thank you! You are most kind. I fear that there is not much time left for my dear Yuio. Please speak to [Khonza Ayssla]. She is most wise and perhaps can find some cure for this affliction.");
}

if($text =~ /khonza ayssla/i) {
quest::say("Khonza Ayssla is the village's High Shaman. She teaches the ancient ways of Okanjo and is most wise. If she cannot assist you I do not know who can. I would go myself but I am too worried to leave my dear wife behind. When you find Khonza, tell her that Jali sent you. Please hurry, friend!");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 6976 => 1)) {
quest::say("Khonza Ayssla gave this to you? We must try it at once then.");
quest::me("Jali opens the vial and gently tilts back Yuio's head. He pours the liquid into her mouth and waits. Miraculously, Yuios fur begins to take on a healthy sheen and the sores begin to disappear! Yuio falls into Jali's arms then goes slack, passing out.");
quest::say("She needs much rest. I cannot begin to thank you enough for helping us. Please accept this as a reward. It is not much but it should be of some use. You are indeed a friend of ours and if you ever need shelter from the wilds, please visit us again.");
quest::summonitem(6952);
}

else {
quest::say("I have no need for that.");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}

#END of FILE Zone:stonebrunt

Khonza_Ayssla.pl zone:Stonebrunt

#############
#Quest Name: Yuio's Illness
#Author: RealityIncarnate
#NPCs Involved: Jali Kaliio, Khonza Ayssla,
#Items Involved: Asp poison sac (16984), bamboo shoot (6973), kejekan palm fruit (6974), panda claws (6961), vial of healing liquid (6976), burlap satchel (17884)
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Greetings, $race. You are welcome in [Kejek] so long as you do not offend the [spirits] of these lands.");
}

if($text=~/what is kejek/i){
quest::say("This is Kejek, our village on the peak of Mt. Klaw. It is here that we continue to cherish the customs and beliefs of our ancestors, the Vah'Shir. Our location here in the Stonebrunt Mountains and the protection of the spirits allows us to escape the persecution and war that is waged between our yellow furred cousins and the Erudites.");
}

if($text=~/what spirits/i){
quest::say("There are spirits around us always, the spirits of our ancestors, and the spirits of the beasts that have past on beyond the mortal realms. It is through our devotions to these spirits that we shaman are granted our mystical powers. A few of the more powerful spirits are capable of becoming flesh once again and wander the wild serving as protectors and guides.");
}

if($text=~/Jali sent me/i){
quest::say("Ah yes Jali, whose wife is ill. I have been looking for a cure for many moons. I do believe I can make one now if I had the proper ingredients. Unfortunately it will require the deaths of some of our lands creatures but the spirits will not be angered as it is for a noble cause. Perhaps you could [fetch them] for me?");
}

if($text=~/fetch them/i){
quest::say("Take this satchel and please listen closely. I need the following and they need to be relatively fresh. So don't waste time with frivolous strolls through the jungle. I require two Panda Claws, two Tiger Skins, two Asp Poison Sacs, a Bamboo Shoot, and a Kejekan Palm Fruit, which you will need to find somewhere in the jungle. Once you have these items, combine them in the bag and return to me.");
quest::summonitem(17884);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 6975 => 1)) {
quest::say("I thought the kobolds would have you for dinner, but you made it back.");
quest::me("Ayssla takes the satchel and begins to pour different vials of foul smelling liquid into it. She then takes the entire contents of the bag and dumps it into a large kettle and begins to chant in an unknown language. After a few minutes, she takes a small amount of the now boiling liquid and puts it in a vial.");
quest::say("Take this vial back to Jali. I pray to the Titan Spirits that it works.");
quest::faction(172,30);
quest::faction(247,30);
quest::summonitem(6976);
}

else {
quest::say("I have no need for that.");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:stonebrunt

Like seemingly every quest I work on, this one requires some additions to the recipe database.

Recipe: Full Gathering Satchel
Tradeskill: 75, trivial = 0
Nofail, replaces container

Container = 17884
Components: 2x 6961, 2x 13762, 2x 16984, 6973, 6974
Success returns 6975

One of the needed items, Kejekan palm fruit (6974) also needs to be added to the forage table for Stonebrunt (zone 100).

cavedude
03-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Committed, thank you!