PDA

View Full Version : Question about Annivesary edition?

ChaosSlayer
03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Some time ago I read on these boards that devs currently in progress working on Annivesary edition support.
IS there any sort of status update?

Basicly I am interested to know how soon can we expect Annivesary edition to be supported? The reason I am asking is that is it worth for my custom server to wait till Annivesary edition is supported so I can use all the extra zones, models and features, if this comes sometimes in next 2-3 month?
If devs do not expect Annivesary edition to be supported less than in a year from now, then I won't wait for it and go ahead and make my custom server based on what is available in Titanium.

could you pelase sheed some light on this?
thank you =)

mattmeck
03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Were not even close to having the features of titanium figured out and working, let alone close to all the zones done, I wouldn't hold my breath on thsi one.

WildcardX
03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
This will likely not happen, unless someone comes forward with the skills necessary to identify opcodes and their message structures. Also, completing the Titanium client is more of a priority than the Anniversary client.

AndMetal
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Information about messing with opcodes:
http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5314

I'm sure the place to start would be making sure the login server stuff works correctly (easy enough), then start piecing together everything else until stuff starts working. Heck, there's already code to support a patch_Anniversary.conf file in common/patches (although I'm not sure to what extent). The harder stuff will come when packet structures start changing (like the profile & spawn structures?).

Of course, we can't really sniff packets from Live, since I'm sure that stuff's changed... However, some older ShowEQ files (http://seq.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/seq/showeq/tags/) might help quite a bit.

Just some thoughts if someone wants to look into this...