PDA

View Full Version : login problem

audioblivious
03-12-2008, 08:51 AM
ok i got the eqemu to login into minlogin now how do i conect w\ everquest? how do i make a account?

audioblivious
03-12-2008, 09:29 AM
ok i got the eqemu to login into minlogin now how do i conect w\ everquest? how do i make a account?
ok i got it now it wont show in server list

trevius
03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
It has been a while since I used the mini login, but I am pretty sure you don't go to the server list at all. You have to setup the client for it on the PC you want to connect to the server with. The server list is for public servers, but if you run minilogin, that is for private servers only and mainly only used for people that are only playing on a server on their LAN, or for test servers.

I could be wrong though. But that is how I recall it. The wiki should have answers to most mini login questions.

audioblivious
03-12-2008, 02:04 PM
then how do i connect directly then bypassing the server window also where in the wiki is it

audioblivious
03-13-2008, 06:28 AM
ok i get to a server screen and my server isnt in there? minilogin says 1 server and it shows me connected to it localhost what gives looked in wiki but i am not seeing where to look for this problem

Fridgecritter
03-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I have replied to several PMs about this to you. Please dive into the Wiki and try and figure it out if our explanations are not working for you.

I am going to try and explain it one more time in detail for you so maybe you will understand.

A login server communicates with your game client and tells the client the address of the server you select from the list, and connects you based on the settings in the login server.

Your game client from then on communicates with the actual game server and updates data constantly in the game server's database such as character position, food consumption, inventory, AAs, etc... basically everything to do with your character. You really don't communicate with the login server again until you logout from the game server and decide to choose another server from the list.

When you set up YOUR OWN login server with Mini-login, you choose the settings, and whatever you set for the address in YOUR login server is where the game client will get it's info from, and that's where it will connect. Mini-Login will only display servers in the list that you plug into the config, so when you put your IP of the private server you have into the config file, that's what comes up on your screen when you run the game client.

When you setup your client to connect to the PUBLIC server at eqemulator.net:5558, you are not required to setup any login server because the folks at eqemulator.net have written their own, more functional login server that anyone can connect to in order to find out what servers are out there. When you run your GAMESERVER in public mode, it does something different. It reaches out to eqemulator.net and updates your gameserver's address with eqemulator's login server, and their login server adds your info from your config file of your server to the list of servers available for play.

So, when you run your GAME CLIENT and it connects to eqemulator.net's login server, it has the list of gameservers that have automatically updated their addresses upon startup with eqemulator.net. When you click on one of those servers, it communicates with eqemulator.net's login server, which in turn tells your game client the address, and then the gameserver takes over from there, handling the character data and such while you are playing, until you log off the game server and go back to the login screen.

So, in closing, Mini-login will not connect you to eqemulator.net's login server because it IS a login server. When you use it, your server will NOT show up in the list. It is used for LAN based servers, and testing, and currently does not support dynamic updating of IP addresses. As long as you make the distinction between Mini-login and Public, you should be able to follow the directions on this website and set up your server so that it shows up in the public list. Hope that helps.