PDA

View Full Version : Login problem..

Kagehi
03-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok, did a search. Google and here wasn't too helpful at all, since the problems are not the obvious ones, as near as I can tell. Here is the error:

[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] New client from 192.168.1.100:1096
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] : ID is 0. Is this server connected to minilogin?
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] : Could not find a minilogin account, verify ip address logging into minilogin is the same that is in your account table.

Here is my eq account settings:

+----+---------+...+----------+...+--------------+--------+-----------+
| | Name |...| Password |...| minilogin_ip | hideme | rulesflag |
| 1 | Kagehi |...| inari |...| 127.0.0.1 | 0 | 0 |
| 2 | Kagehi2 |...| inari |...| 127.0.0.1 | 0 | 0 |

So, the accounts exists, though the passwords are not hashed (problem?).

The variable table looks like:

+---------------------------------------------+---------------------+
| value | varname |
| 0.75 | AAXPMod |
| 15 | ACfail |
| 20 | ACrandom |
| 3 | ACreduction |
| 6 | ailevel |
| 070_pop_cvs | DBVersion |
| 0 | DisableNoDrop |
| 1 | LootCoin |
| 0 | disablecommandline |
| 511 | Expansions |
| 0 | ServerType |
| 1 | holdzones |
| Minilogin | LoginType |
| 21626880 | Max_AAXP |
| 0 | MerchantsKeepItems |
| Welcome to ProjectEQ! http://projecteq.net. | MOTD |
| 0.60 | GroupEXPBonus |
| 0 | PvPreward |
| 0 | PvPitem |
| 0 | PersistentZoneState |
| 12345 | ZSPassword |

I can "seem to" log in, see my server on the list, etc., but the moment I try to connect to the actual server it barfs... What the heck is going on here? Oh, and there seems to be inaccurate info on minilogin, at least on Windows, if the long name matches the server name in the minilogin config, it dies with an "invalid world name (unknown reason)"... I think those are all right though, since everything works up until the login, then it fail. When those where wrong, I couldn't even get to that point at all.

RamsiMage
03-16-2008, 07:05 PM
at first guess I'd say its the IP setup on your eqemu_config.xml.. using an ip of 127.0.0.1 will only allow the server to connect to itself.

post up your eqemu_config.xml info..

Kagehi
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Myworld</shortname>
<longname>My Test World</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>192.168.1.100</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>
</world>
<zones>
<defaultstatus>20</defaultstatus>

<!-- Sets port range for world to use to auto configure zones -->
<ports low="7000" high="7100"/>
</zones>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>eq</db>
</database>
</server>

Do I need to set the minilogin to use 192.168.1.100 too or something? Its settings are:

[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
#loginserver2=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5999
#loginport2=5999
worldname=My World
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

Maybe at some point someone should consider writing an app in Perl, so its usable on anything running the server, that can autoconfigure some of this stuff. The documentation seems to be a lot of hit and miss, like where the example for minilogin implies that 'worldname' and the 'long name' in the server setup must be the same, but if you do that it bombs with an invalid name error... I.e., some of the documentation is incomplete, some confusing and some just plain wrong.

Hopefully this really is something obviously stupid, like not having the IP set to the right thing. Haven't had this much trouble with... Well, anything so far, at least recently. Ages ago when trying to get MUDOS to run properly on Windows, yes, but not since. lol That was, ironically, worse, since it half the stuff in the world data was file names Windows didn't like, or which broke, because it tried to create reference names that pointed to files windows didn't like, or compiler insanities, which the wrong version of MS C++ didn't like (they changed the damn make file format between versions...). This time, I actually got something to run, even if I can't play it. lol

Aramid
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] New client from 192.168.1.100:1096

Did you try changing your Minilogin_IP address in the database to the one it SAYS your logging in from 192.168.1.100?

Kagehi
03-17-2008, 06:03 AM
Uh.. Not yet, but will try that. Who knew having a router at all (this is the only machine that is "live" on it right now), would be such a pain in the when setting this up... lol

Probably should have told it "localhost" for that setting. :p

Ok. Tried that. The client hung. BTW. The minilogin screen indicates that in fact I *am* connecting with this character from 127.0.0.1, so that wasn't the problem. Betting its that I have the router address instead of "localhost", or I need to also change my eqhost to use the router address, even though its on the same machine?

Yep. That was exactly the problem. Changed the IP location info to the router and the eqhost to that, now it logs in... Sigh.. Thanks. Knew it had to be something unbelievably stupid like that... Going to probably drive myself nuts again when I reconfigure the network for the wireless router+standard router I got and then tie in a real server for some of this. lol

Kagehi
03-17-2008, 06:15 AM
BTW... If the account has to have the same IP each time, how does it deal with ISPs that change the origin IP all the time? Would think this would break things very badly and a lot. Or is it just minilogin that has to be that specific?

leslamarch
03-17-2008, 06:18 AM
BTW... If the account has to have the same IP each time, how does it deal with ISPs that change the origin IP all the time? Would think this would break things very badly and a lot. Or is it just minilogin that has to be that specific?

its just minilogin not the public login