PDA

View Full Version : A database question.

thejudomadonna
03-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Hello all,

I'm pretty new with working with sql or databases, so bear with me here.

What i'm trying to do is set up a server that i can play on using the same computer.

I followed all the steps in the wiki. The server boots up fine, and EQ client can connect to Minilogin, and see the server fine.

However, when i try to join, i get the id = 0, accounts don't match error.

When i look at the log in the server window, it shows me attempting to connect from the same IP that i attempted to put into my accounts table.

This leads me to believe that i am not adding accounts to the database correctly.

The MiniLogin notes rather vaguely refer to "the database". Is this the one created by following the EQEmu server set-up notes? If so, if i followed those notes to a T, my database would be called peq, no?

Under this assumption, i ran the MySQL command line, type \u peq, and then pasted the lines in the MiniLogin wiki to add an account. Is this correct?

Also, how do i view the contents of my account table?

Finally, since this is using MiniLogin, and not the EQEmu login server, do i need to specify accounts that i used for that, or can i use anything, provided that's what i type in at the EQ client login?

Sorry if i'm not making a lot of sense, i'm pretty to new to all this, and feeling slightly overwhelmed. If I can post contents of files, or answer anything more specifically, please let me know.

And thanks in advance for your help!

thejudomadonna
03-19-2008, 10:16 AM
fixed! feel free to delete