PDA

View Full Version : NPC and loot editor - update2

GeorgeS
03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm almost ready to release the next big update for this tool. Now you have the ability to create and edit npc spell lists. Say for example, you make a new Orc and want a custom spell(s) for him. Then with this update, a new spell list is created and assigned to the orc. In game, he will deploy that spell(s).
Also, the spell id is translated to the text version in an adjacent column. If you type in 200, the program will translate it to minor heal.

I've created some pretty creative spell lists, such as orcs which lifetap and feign death etc.. pretty neat and will suprise those low lvl newbs!

Update will be done by wed nite.

functionality:
1. Copy and Paste any spells from any source spell list to any dest. spell list
2. Delete a spell list
3. Save current spell list
4. Maintains a spell reference list (for common spell lookups)

GeorgeS

moydock
03-25-2008, 06:00 PM
You read my mind sometimes George :). Really looking forward to this, thanks again.

Aramid
03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm almost ready to release the next big update for this tool. Now you have the ability to create and edit npc spell lists.
Fantastic!!!

This will be great for making Spell Lists for those who run the Bots...

Thanks George

GeorgeS
03-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Ok, compiled and uploaded it. It's in the GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files.zip under My Database Editing Tool Suite.

I played with it tonight making all sort of crazy spell sets. Works like a charm. Changed th e orcs into necro's with pets!

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Should have added this -

Create a new list with the new list button first.
remember if you want spells from any list (for your new list), select the source list and copy the spells (just select any cells) then in your custom list, click on a cell and hit paste. Pasting more spells than existing rows in your current list is ok. Save to DB is final when you are ready. No save until you click that. You can also modify any list just type in a spell id and the spell text will appear next to it. There's also a spell search tool.

Have fun

GeorgeS

trevius
03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Holy crap! Downloading it now! Thanks GeorgeS!

moydock
03-27-2008, 08:54 AM
This tool is very useful! Thanks George. Been wanting something to edit npc spells for awhile. And looking forward to not having to deal with the 4 loot tables anymore :)

moydock
03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Found a bug when creating a new lootdrop table. No row is added in "lootdrop", it just adds the row in "lootdrop_entries". This makes the entry not work, until you go in manually and create the row in lootdrop.

moydock
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Also, if you go to Tools>Create new loottable, on an npc that has no loottable, you get the
Run-time error '3021': Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

GeorgeS
03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
You mean it crashes when there's a lootable=0?
I tried it and get no crash when I go tools/create new loottable_id
A new loottable gets added to where the 0 was.
I will check on the code ...

When I tried tools/create new lootdrop_id, a new id gets added with a rusty dagger as a loot item.

What works for you - is clicking on lootdrop_id - then seeing it added as a lootdrop (left panel) and an associated item in the right side panel?
But nothing happens with tools/create new loottable_id? - except a lootdrop_entries is created? weird.

I'm guessing it may be a integer vs. long variable declaration. I'm looking at it now..

GeorgeS

Can one else check this on their db?

ChaosSlayer
03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
i think what he is referign to is following event:

do add loot table
the program ALWAYS add loottable #3 and item 7001
BUT if you type in NEW loot tabel id which does nto yet have any items in it - the editor will nto auto aa a generic item (7001) , and if you try to save that( wihotu addign SOEMTHING to the item table first) the editor will crash.

this is mroe of a fool prove feature, since you normaly do want to save a loottable which has nothgin in it =)

i ocasinaly click SAVE before I add an item casing a crash but over hours and hours I spent in the editor I learned to add item first and then save =)

moydock
03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
You mean it crashes when there's a lootable=0?
I tried it and get no crash when I go tools/create new loottable_id
A new loottable gets added to where the 0 was.
I will check on the code ...

When I tried tools/create new lootdrop_id, a new id gets added with a rusty dagger as a loot item.

What works for you - is clicking on lootdrop_id - then seeing it added as a lootdrop (left panel) and an associated item in the right side panel?
But nothing happens with tools/create new loottable_id? - except a lootdrop_entries is created? weird.

I'm guessing it may be a integer vs. long variable declaration. I'm looking at it now..

GeorgeS

Can one else check this on their db?

For the first problem, everything functions properly, except afterwards you have to go into your database and manually create a new entry in lootdrop, that corresponds to the new ID your tool created in lootdrop_entries.

For the 2nd problem, I select an npc that has a completely blank loot entry, as in not even coin, and I go to Tools-> Create New Loottable_id and I get that error and crash.
I'm running windows vista.

ChaosSlayer
03-28-2008, 03:51 PM
For the first problem, everything functions properly, except afterwards you have to go into your database and manually create a new entry in lootdrop, that corresponds to the new ID your tool created in lootdrop_entries.

ah rigth- you referign to a NAME of the loot table- yeah if that don't exist the tabel will nto work in game unless ist named/created.

For the 2nd problem, I select an npc that has a completely blank loot entry, as in not even coin, and I go to Tools-> Create New Loottable_id and I get that error and crash.
I'm running windows vista.

i don't get such eror - could be Vista thing =)

GeorgeS
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes, the item #3 is just a place holder to type a known lootdrop_id in.

So I went and re-wrote much of the code to be more robust in loottable id generation and lootdrops. I hope it responds better than before.

Crash with empty loottable=0 - cannot reproduce, and do not have vista...
See if this version makes a difference..

GeorgeS

i think what he is referign to is following event:

do add loot table
the program ALWAYS add loottable #3 and item 7001
BUT if you type in NEW loot tabel id which does nto yet have any items in it - the editor will nto auto aa a generic item (7001) , and if you try to save that( wihotu addign SOEMTHING to the item table first) the editor will crash.

this is mroe of a fool prove feature, since you normaly do want to save a loottable which has nothgin in it =)

i ocasinaly click SAVE before I add an item casing a crash but over hours and hours I spent in the editor I learned to add item first and then save =)

moydock
03-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks George. Will do.

moydock
03-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Still errors out. However more info: It's creating an entry in loottable, and loottable_entries, but the loottable_entries points to a lootdrop ID that it makes up, and doesn't exist. I'm thinking this could cause the error? Shouldn't it just create an entry in loottable? And then add the others as you choose to add them in?

GeorgeS
03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
So an empty entry in loottable = it errors out, but otherwise a non zero value there - the program works?

GeorgeS

moydock
03-28-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah, the only error i get is when there's no entry, and I try to create one.

ChaosSlayer
04-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I am geting a new error in the recent releases.
When I go to
Tools > User Tools > Spell List - the spell list opens, and the whole thing freezes up.

basicly this part could be removed, since we also have a separate section called for spells, but just decided to let you know.

GeorgeS
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
So that I understand this - when you say there's no value - you mean there's not a 0, but empty like as a null value?

GeorgeS
yeah, the only error i get is when there's no entry, and I try to create one.

moydock
04-03-2008, 08:26 PM
There's nothing, blank space -- No row in the loot tables exists for the npc.

trevius
04-10-2008, 08:18 AM
GeorgeS, if you get a chance, here is a list of fields I think should be added to the NPC and Loot Editor:

qglobals
see_hide
see_improved_hide
trackable
ATK (new field just added today)
Accuracy (new field just added today)

At the very least, I think the 2 new ones should definitely be in there.

Thanks again for all of your work on these tools. The community is much better off with all of the effort you have put into these tools :D

ChaosSlayer
04-10-2008, 09:18 AM
i belibe trackable is allready there.

new collumn should put somewheer closer to begining next to min/max damage.

and please, George- COLOR =) lets go back to gold on yellow, the red is killing me :cool:

trevius
04-11-2008, 05:12 AM
Oh, and is it possible to add a way to change the stats of an entire column at one time, so it will change it for the entire zone? This would be nice to have to make quick changes. With this, you could easily make an entire zone see invis, or set all NPC resists, or any other stats that you wanted to do to all mobs in the zone. Then you could simply go back through and manually adjust the named or whichever ones you wanted to have different stats.

I would use this function quite often if it was added. As of now, I just double click and CTRL+V and go down the line for every NPC in the zone. This takes a very long time and a lot of clicks to adjust a whole zone of stats and resists, since that would be 10 columns total X the amount of NPCs in a zone.

fault
04-11-2008, 09:56 PM
how does the npc/spawn/grid editor locate npcs and what not? I had added a mob to the npc_type table and wanted to add drop susing your program and a grid, but when loaded that mob isnt in the program.

I was also able to fix my db issues with your ODBC drivers, the new ones from mysql don't work.

ChaosSlayer
04-11-2008, 10:26 PM
how does the npc/spawn/grid editor locate npcs and what not? I had added a mob to the npc_type table and wanted to add drop susing your program and a grid, but when loaded that mob isnt in the program.

the npc/loot editor ONLY shows npc which are on spawn table in a specific zone you curently looking at.
so if you created a NPC "bla" but eh is nto yet on spawning table of thsi zone- the editor will nto shown him.

untill he is added, in order to see him, you must search in all zones for its name in order to see it pop up in the list

OR you go into spawn editor, add this npc wher you want in, and then go back to npc editor- and he will pop up in the zone you added him too

GeorgeS
04-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Changes to a entire column in the entire list/zone can definitely be added in. The color changes will also be reverted as requested :)
I'll add these features in the next installment..

GeorgeS

Oh, and is it possible to add a way to change the stats of an entire column at one time, so it will change it for the entire zone? This would be nice to have to make quick changes. With this, you could easily make an entire zone see invis, or set all NPC resists, or any other stats that you wanted to do to all mobs in the zone. Then you could simply go back through and manually adjust the named or whichever ones you wanted to have different stats.

I would use this function quite often if it was added. As of now, I just double click and CTRL+V and go down the line for every NPC in the zone. This takes a very long time and a lot of clicks to adjust a whole zone of stats and resists, since that would be 10 columns total X the amount of NPCs in a zone.

trevius
04-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Woot, thanks GeorgeS! Did you see the post about adding the following fields in as well? I think they are the most important thing:

qglobals
see_hide
see_improved_hide
trackable
ATK (new field)
Accuracy (new field)

I know Chaos mentioned that trackable might already be in there, but I don't see it. I see findable, but I don't think that is the same thing. Or is it? The most important ones are ATK and Accuracy though. They play major roles in encounter tuning now. I can't wait to try out the next download of it! This tool is consistently getting better and better. And I thought it was amazing the first time I saw it lol.

GeorgeS
04-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I did read - but yes I will include all those :)

GeorgeS

Toriad
04-24-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm trying to create a new npc using this but I keep gettiing invalid race/class ^_^

trevius
04-24-2008, 05:10 AM
What race/class are you using? And how are you creating the new NPC exactly? I always either copy an existing NPC or use the tool just to adjust existing ones. I haven't tried making a new NPC from scratch with it.

Toriad
04-24-2008, 05:15 AM
Human/Warrior Latest version from his site.

Tools->NPC Editing Tool

trevius
04-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Human/Warrior Latest version from his site.

Tools->NPC Editing Tool

Make sure you are using the numbes for that race and class and not the actual names. That would be 1 / 1. It should work fine.

Toriad
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok, so I did that but now it gives me a mysql Syntax error and crashes, when I look at the pulldowns It lists them by their name.

trevius
04-24-2008, 09:11 PM
OH lol, I haven't updated mine in a while. I was waiting on his next release to do so, cause it will have a lot of stuff I need in it :) Didn't know he set pulldowns and such in it now. I can't wait to see the latest version he is working on!

GeorgeS
04-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Ok, the warrior and human are pull downs - have been for ages - this is a quick npc creation subtool.

When you create the npc, how did you fill in the other fields (default?) and did you click on 'next unused id'? then click on create npc. It takes a few seconds. Did you crash at this point?

let me know your default settings you tried..

just en edit - the program checks the db for that race/class combo, and if it returns nothing, that error shows up. It uses database values as a lookup guide.
I am looking at fixing it so it will revert to defaults when this occurs.

GeorgeS

Toriad
04-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Tahts the problem I dont have any DB class/race combos...

xxarthurxx
05-23-2008, 09:22 PM
have a question about this tool, is there a way to make npcs unattackable? that is to make sure that when a player attacks them it does nothing and spells dont hurt them and the do not agro... cause this be done with this tool or do i need to do this some other way?

trevius
05-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Body Type 11 is untargetable. Then, NPC Special Attacks "ABH" make it immune to magic or melee and will not agro. You can also set speed to 0 so it won't run just in case.

That is about it I think.

GeorgeS
05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
A huge update for the NPC and Loot Editor

08.20.00 - Tonnes of changes and enhancements. Now Incorporated in Loot editor is Grid Editing and SpawnGroups. Many Many features added...

A graphical editor for NPC creation (total re-write) and quick edit and reference tools added or updated.
Since the tool's scope is large, I would recommend trying it out and seeing all the changes. Remember back up your DB since changes are for real.

If you have any quenstions or feature requests - please send them here.

GeorgeS

trevius
06-02-2008, 06:59 AM
The tools are all great and the new changes to this one are exceptional!

One minor thing though; it appears we are no longer able to move columns around to arrange them as needed. You can still size the columns, but it is hard when you have a few certain things to adjust for an entire zone and have to scroll from left to right to see the name and then make the change. I liked the old way where I could just put AC, STR, HPs, Special Attacks, etc all right next to each other and just adjust the ones needing adjustment at that time. But, now it seems like the columns are all locked in place in the order they are already in.

Another simple idea might be an option to lock the ID and Name columns in place so they stay on screen when you scroll left to right. This would work similar to an excel spreadsheet and would make it easier to edit the fields in any part of the list without having to double and triple check to make sure you are editing the correct NPC.

GeorgeS
06-02-2008, 10:09 AM
I just added the newest version with moveable columns. Somehow they were locked before.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Hello George!
The latest version looks very nice.
One little thing i noticed that could be usefull - in the ShowNpc Spell list - could you add sort by ID? could come handy

not teribly important, but whenever you will have next big update perhaps you would consider adding this.

thanks
=)

PS. one more thing - in TradeSkill editor- could get the same black back ground and golden letters as in NPC editor? white background realy hurts the eyes =)

GeorgeS
06-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Added ChaosSlayer's ShowNpc Spell list sort request and a few minor bug fixes.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
06-18-2008, 11:36 PM
NPC and Loot Editor
08.20.07 - Added function to WIPE spawns from a zone. This deletes all spawns from SPAWN2,SPAWNENTRY,SPAWNGROUP, GRID, GRID_ENTRIES
It does NOT delete the actual NPCs from npc_types.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
George, I just noticed- there is a BIG problem with recent versions of npc editor - when you click COPY the window now asks you how many copies you want instead of- which ID you want to assign.

while new feature is usefull, the old one is EXTRIMLY valuable. could you please add it back?

thanks =)

GeorgeS
06-20-2008, 10:59 PM
No problem - select Field Utilities/Specify Starting NPCid range

select say 6000 to 6000 -- click on evaluate then click on Use this range

then copy 1 npc and it will use that #. Specify a range and then multiple copies start at 6000 +

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-20-2008, 11:46 PM
ah i see.. well this is great for copying multyple items into specific range but to copy a single item kind of too long (too many things to click) - how about adding a quick single copy button which will ask for specific # like you had before? prety please =) and put it next to the "copy" on the front panel =)

trevius
06-22-2008, 03:59 AM
GeorgeS,

Since you made the grid editor part of the NPC Loot Editor now, I figured this is the best place to post about this issue. The problem I am seeing is that when you edit the WPs in a grid (the pause length for example in the WPs), and then save it, it doesn't actually save over the grid number you edited. Instead, it seems to overwrite the last added grid number with all of WPs from the one you were editing as well as the edited changes.

I have noticed problems with this in the past, but didn't figure out what was happening until tonight. I was always wondering why my grids were getting messed up when I was using the editor. The way it currently is, you can only edit the highest grid number for the zone. Everything else has to be redone manually from in-game.

I don't think that is intended, and I imagine it was probably just a mistake somewhere. I think getting that fixed would make the tool much more useful.

Other than that, I am still amazed at how nice your tools are now. They were great when I first started using them and they have only gotten better from that point. I can't believe how nice you have gotten them to this point. I think they are pretty complete as is. I can't thank you enough hehe. Without them, I would be lost!

If you need more information on the grid problem I am seeing, just let me know.

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
ah i suspected something like that. I could not figure out why the heck one of my patruling guards suddenly switched his walking path to be identical to one of the named mobs =)

GeorgeS
06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
This bug was verified on my system as well, and found the source of the probem in my code. Sorry for the bug!- I know it can cause big DB problems! It's at least fixed now and thanks for the bug report

08.20.08 - Fixed saving Grid bug. Now the correct grid will be updated and not the last one as before.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 12:58 PM
thank you George =)

so what about one little quick copy button? :grin:

moydock
07-01-2008, 02:04 AM
I just downloaded the latest npc_loot_editor and when I type in a zone, and tell it to search, I get the following error, running Vista 64-bit: "Run-time error '3265': Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal."

The older version worked great with vista, i'm not sure when this was broken, but the version that worked for me, was last modified 3/28/08 on my computer.

It's np if you don't want to fix this, I'll just use the old version. Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks.

GeorgeS
07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
'fraid I do not get this error on vista32. I did not change any zone code in recent history...

Can anyone verify this error?

GeorgeS

moydock
07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh, I'm dumb, the version that still works for me is: 07.33.00.

More on this,
If I try to search an empty zone, I don't get the error. But if I add 1 npc to that zone, that doesn't even have a faction or loot table assigned to him, I get the error if I try to search that zone again. I did this because the error said something about items, looking at it again I don't think it meant EQ items :). It doesn't even seem to try to load any of the npc's, it just instantly pops up that error.

theeris23
07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
I've been working on a custom server, just to mess around with and I'm having troubles changing the races on mobs. I tried to change to race of a mob in the nexus from human to gnome, saved the chages and #repop the zone but she stayed the human. I tried restarting the server but she still looks human. I did a #npcstats (or whatever it is) and the race number was the same as the gnome.

I was able to change the orcs in Crushbone to the new model, so I know it works sometimes. I know it's possible to change the race, since that is how it's set up on Storm Haven. What am I missing?

moydock
07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Wrong thread for this but sure...
Try using #npcedit race # with the npc targetted
Where # is the race #
Then repop and it will show.
#npcedit <type> <value> is used to directly modify the database.

theeris23
07-17-2008, 09:34 PM
K I'll try that... forgot to say I was using the NPC and Loot editor to change the races...

GeorgeS
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
You may have to also zone out/in as well.

GeorgeS

theeris23
07-18-2008, 06:11 PM
OK, I was able to change the NPC's in the Nexus for some of the races like gnome, dwarf and troll, but I can't change to say the new orc model (458) . Is there still a global race file like in the Original EQ?

Ueguvil
07-19-2008, 02:03 PM
'fraid I do not get this error on vista32. I did not change any zone code in recent history...

Can anyone verify this error?

GeorgeS

Getting the same error, on XP.

GeorgeS
07-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Post exactly the search criteria so I can reproduce this error

GeorgeS

theeris23
07-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Well I figured out my problem, sometimes it won't change the appearance of a mob unless you set the gender to "2" for monster!

Ueguvil
07-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Post exactly the search criteria so I can reproduce this error

GeorgeS

It doesn't seem to matter what I search, I always get the error. For example, the default "NPC: orc" "Zone: Crushbone" gives me the error.

moydock
07-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah that is my problem too.

GeorgeS
07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Regarding the error, I added error checking. Now you get the npc id of the problem NPC. A problem would be a null field, or a problem with a field on the npc id.

If an error still exists (i.e program crashes) then the error is occuring somewhere else in the code.

Dl the newest ODBC drivers from my site and give those a go.

GeorgeS

moydock
07-23-2008, 02:47 AM
Okay I get the error on every single npc, after I finish clicking okay through all of them they seem to be loaded in.
I see a column called, Is_Bot, but I don't have this column in my database. Could this be what's causing it?

trevius
07-23-2008, 03:12 AM
Ya, if you don't have all of the columns it is looking for, it will fail.

GeorgeS
07-26-2008, 05:28 PM
A small update to the npc&loot editor

NPC and Loot Editor
08.20.12 - Added 'Find all loot in ZONE' (with editable fields) under tools and many little enhancements everywhere.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
A pretty massive update is looming around the corner - just am spending a few days testing it before release..

Inlcuded are:

Slightly changed interface for quicker editing!
Merchant editor - now fully integrated with the NPC & Loot editor - finally!!!
Ability to view and edit loot on an zone wide basis!
Ability to change a NPC into a Merchant with real merchant ids on the fly!
Ability to Wipe a zone of all npcs!
Much enhanced Item search with a buffer and a special advanced search!
Ability to search for all npc's by Level!!
New control buttons made by Trevius!

New Loot assignment feature -
-- This allows one to import a list of items and assign them as loot to the npc's in the search criteria, It's NOT random loot, but assigned by an item list that you control. So, let's say you load in all 60-75lvl npc's which have not loot. You can now assign specified loot to them. Great for zones with npc's with no loottables! You control # item/npc and % drop.

Ability to FIX ALL bad merchants (i.e no merchant id's or merchants with class=41 and missing merchant links!!!)
Change NPC to FULL aggro to all
and more features I forgot..

Coming soon..
GeorgeS

trevius
08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Hopy cow man! That sounds awesome!

I was thinking of a minor addition the other day that might be good for the NPC loot editor. Basically, I think it would be nice to have a field to adjust how much faction each NPC gives. You can already set an NPC to a faction, but it would be good if you could set it to give -30 or +10 or something directly from the tool. It might even be nice to have a simple feature to create new factions. Though, creating factions in the database is already pretty easy. But, I think the most important thing is a setting in the tool to adjust how much faction you get from killing each NPC. It is just 1 less thing to have to use anything outside of the tool to adjust.

GeorgeS
08-04-2008, 02:19 AM
OK, it's done and released.
There's the possibility of frequent bug fixes and misc issues expected since there's so many changes.

Most of all you all can see Trevius' icon buttons added to the tool.

The other tools and windows will eventually have the buttons remade - if Trev gets the time.

Also, I will need to redo the help since the one with the tool is old.

GeorgeS

trevius
08-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Got the latest version of the Tool Set downloaded, and I might be a little biased but I think the new look is great :D

Though, the button set I made was mainly for the Item Editor. I made a few of the buttons for the NPC Loot editor, but the majority were direct replacements for the Item Editor.

I can go ahead and make another set for all of the other tools as well. I see you made new backgrounds for most of them as well. They look really good. I would have done it for ya to save you the time. I just figured that since the Item Editor already had a theme, that the buttons would pretty much finish it off. So, I started with them first and the set I gave you was mainly to complete that. Then, I was planning to start on the set for the other tools if you liked how the first ones turned out. You should have every button needed to completely finish off the look of the item editor and it's different windows. Though, I was thinking that I could still make another variation of radio on/off buttons. And I could also make some graphics to replace the down arrows for the drop down boxes if those can be replaced. The only thing left would be the little square button you have for opening the windows for setting the spells for casting, procing, worn, focus effects. I can make one of those as well if you want so that everything is replaced.

I can make more variations in button sizes and shapes too if you would like that. Just let me know if you have any certain ideas for them and I can make them happen pretty easily. If you want them in the same theme, I can do that easily as well. I think the new look makes the tools look a little more consistent, which is good.

Your work never ceases to amaze me. I know the community is thankful for them as well :D

GeorgeS
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks, your'e welcome to make more. I think even try to make a background as well with a logo would be great.

I applied the button skins to other tools since they could use a standardised theme eventually.

GeorgeS

trevius
08-09-2008, 02:21 AM
They look great so far :D I will try to get some more graphic stuff out for them soon too and you can decide if you like any of it or not. I am thinking of maybe doing some of the backgrounds in the same theme you have used. I don't want to cause you too much extra work to get this stuff implemented though. I can definitely get a logo started.

spider661
08-16-2008, 06:14 AM
no not know if its been mentioned i have not looked but thought it would let you know incase you did not notice.

the new editor.

slots. does not set multy slots if you load and save an item it sets the slot to whatever is set (first slot from before you saved) and if you try and set multy slots it only sets one.. this is not just visual on screen it does the same in game..

i have to use old edit to set more then one slot.. but other then that great tool.

also a side note.. downloaded the tools suit.. the tradeskill editor crashes when you load all tradeskills.

GeorgeS
08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Ahh the multiple slots issue...thanks for reminding me!

I'll put this on today's list.

The tradeskill's editor..not sure - I'll look at it.

GeorgeS

Weldarr
08-28-2008, 03:43 AM
Any chance of adding in the columns for weapon animations on the npcs? Would be great to edit that from the editor instead of searching through the mysql database

trevius
09-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Hey GeorgeS,

If you get time, I was messing around and found that there are 2 more fields that would be very nice to have in the NPC Loot Editor. I can't believe that I didn't know about these fields before now lol! It would have saved me some time. Basically, the 2 fields below work on the Titanium client to change the weapon model of the NPC for Primary and Secondary slots.

d_melee_texture1 = Primary Weapon Model
d_melee_texture2 = Secondary Weapon Model

I remember seeing these a while back and reading the wiki page for the database on them, but it said not to use them (at least not for 6.2 client). But, I just tested them and they seem to work perfectly.

To use the field, you just set it to the model number of the weapon you want them to be wielding. You don't need to add "IT" or anything with it, just the number itself. An example is 10404 to set it to Mithaniel Marr's Sword.

GeorgeS
09-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Got it. I'll start adding those in

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
09-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Ok, spent a few minutes updating the program to include these features and other's where possible.

NPC and Loot Editor
08.21.03 - Added ability to Backup and Restore Bots (including all inventory, and associated tables) - good if you rebuild your database.
Weapon & Shield Models- now fully integrated with the NPC & Loot editor - finally!!! - (under tools menu)
Added feature to add weapon/shield graphics to NPC's - This is in table fields called "Pri. Weapon Model" and "Sec. Weapon Model"
- Simply type in the new number and a graphic of the item will show in the program!

--upadated

NPC and Loot Editor
08.21.04 - Added a item stat viewer - Under menu item 'Special/show item stats'. You can view your npc's items and also in the new search item window!

I hope you like the item stat viewer, cause it was worth the 500 lines of code to implement it :)
The item search has also an advanced button where you can specifiy database like subqueries to pull out custom items
Clicking on an item in the grid will also show the selected item's stats if the item stat window is on.

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/screen1.jpg

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/screen2.jpg

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
09-07-2008, 04:35 AM
NICE =)

BTW George, returning to our old discussion abotu quick copy button.
I thought you agreed with me =)

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21442&page=16&highlight=copy

ChaosSlayer

honestly George, the new way of copying SIGNLE npc is a pain.

I have to:

click the file menu on the tab
select the proper sub menu
type in beging range
type in closign range
click Use this range
clicky copy

VS
old way of:

click copy
type in id

how about this, when COPY on main pannel is clicked a WINDOW will open and ask:

1) multyple npc copies- type in how many (with range in mind)
2) single npc copy - type in range

thought again a Single Copy button on main panel will hardly clutter the interface =)

Actually that method does sound better than whats there now. Thanks for showing your workflow - I'll prioritise it now.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
09-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok, got around to adding the copy code as requested.
The copy tool has been ravamped. Final version has been updated as per request in the last build.

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/screen3.jpg

GeorgeS

trevius
09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
GeorgeS, you are a machine!

Just when I think the tools are pretty much complete, you add in stuff to make them even better than I could have expected!

The new weapon model viewer feature is awesome. Though, if possible, it might be nice if you could click on an image to view the larger version of the image. Also, a previous page button might be handy to go back a page. The newest version of the model viewer is really nice for quick references though and definitely an improvement over the previous model viewer :)

If I could ever get into the gaming industry, I would definitely recommend you for tool designs lol. If you can do this in your free time, I can't even imagine what you could do if you were paid full time to do it :)

GeorgeS
09-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the great review. I had considered going into the gaming industry, but I have a great career now, and programing is a hobby. I have improved my vb programing skills significantly over the last years, and still make the occasional game here and there. RPG gaming is my cup of tea, and for those interested, here's an interview I did for RPGdot a while back..

http://ultima.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=903

GeorgeS

trevius
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Nice interview :)

BTW, I just noticed that if you scroll all of the way to the right with the current version of the editor, it looks like some of the fields aren't lined up properly. The accuracy and attack rating fields aren't even populating at all. My guess is when you added the new Primary and Secondary model fields, it caused the others to miss-align at some point.

MNWatchdog
09-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the great review. I had considered going into the gaming industry, but I have a great career now, and programing is a hobby. I have improved my vb programing skills significantly over the last years, and still make the occasional game here and there. RPG gaming is my cup of tea, and for those interested, here's an interview I did for RPGdot a while back..

http://ultima.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=903

GeorgeS
When I tried checking out your interview I got this web page: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://ultima.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=903

Jibbatwinkers
09-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Ive run into a problem with the NPC/Loot Editor but I think it as to do with MySQL more than anything.

All of the other tools run great, the NPC/Loot Editor will launch fine, I can search through zones and even click and edit NPCs but if I click any NPC with a loot table ID it gives me this message:
Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status.

The problem started yesterday after I updated to 1129 and put in these two queries:

CREATE TABLE `blocked_spells` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`spellid` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`zoneid` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
`x` float NOT NULL default '0',
`y` float NOT NULL default '0',
`z` float NOT NULL default '0',
`x_diff` float NOT NULL default '0',
`y_diff` float NOT NULL default '0',
`z_diff` float NOT NULL default '0',
`message` varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'You cannot cast that spell here',
`description` varchar(255) default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
)

Required SQL (Your groups will break completely without this):
CREATE TABLE `group_id` (
`groupid` int(4) NOT NULL,
`charid` int(4) NOT NULL,
`name` varchar(64) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`groupid`, `charid`)
)

I removed the two tables and still have the same error. I googled the error and found some references to bad date fields but as far as I know dates are not stored in anything related to NPCs. I repaired my entire database and I also updated ODBC drivers.

Thanks for all your help, hopefully I provided enough information to get the editor up and running for me again. I'll keep looking for an answer and post if I find anything.

GeorgeS
09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Nice interview :)

BTW, I just noticed that if you scroll all of the way to the right with the current version of the editor, it looks like some of the fields aren't lined up properly. The accuracy and attack rating fields aren't even populating at all. My guess is when you added the new Primary and Secondary model fields, it caused the others to miss-align at some point.

Make sure you're using the latest version. I fixed that bug a few minutes after seeing that myself.
Thanks
GeorgeS

GeorgeS
09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Jibbatwinkers

This kind of errors appear for more than one reason.
One of the reasons - if you have a table with fields that are "NOT NULL" but field has null values in it. (Other reason is a date/time field with all "0's".)

You mentioned it happens when you click on a column/field that = loottable_id, and crashes when there's no loottable_id there?

Then that must be a Null where it should'nt. I would check the table first.

GeorgeS

trevius
09-12-2008, 03:26 AM
I know with version 1129 of the emu, I had problems caused by the blocked spells table. For some reason I had null entries in it and it was working until I updated to 1129. After that, the zone it was being used in wouldn't even boot up. So, that might be one issue.

Another idea for any problems with GeorgeS tools is to make sure to run the register_ocx.bat after every update. Sometimes you need them and sometimes you don't, but it never hurts to run it anyway :)

Oh, and just finally noticed that it looks like GeorgeS signed up for dyndns :) No wonder I couldn't get to your old site :P

trevius
09-12-2008, 04:34 AM
It looks like the links for downloads need to be updated to work with dyndns. I tried the link from your page to download the NPC Loot Editor and it tried to send me to your old IP again. I used the same link that it tried to send me to and I put the dyndns name in there and it worked for the download.

trevius
09-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Another minor note: Apparently when you select ALL for slots on the new edit, it sets it for none.

GeorgeS
09-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the report - New version should now support the proper Slot= "ALL" bit mask.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
George, a small request.

With latest version of NPC Editor I noticed that 2 little buttons to add items into loot table have been moved all way to the right- and for some of us this is way outside of screen resolution area.

Coudl you perhaps move them in bewteen the 2 loot boxes? Or mayby on top of the loot box? Or perhaps make so I can use a Hot Key comob (like Alt+L) to simulate those buttons been pressed to add an item and Alt+R to remove selected item?

thank you much =)

GeorgeS
10-03-2008, 10:44 PM
as requested, changed the key +/- layout so smaller screens can be used. Hope it helps. Dl the newest version.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
10-03-2008, 11:23 PM
thank you George =)

trevius
10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey GeorgeS, if you get the time, could you possibly change the loot table default for the equiped field to be NO instead of YES?

I think in most cases people would want them to be set to no and the only time they might want an item to be equiped would be if it is a weapon that they want to show the NPC as wielding. Even then, we can use the primary and secondary model settings to set that, so I think a default of NO would be best.

ChaosSlayer
10-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey GeorgeS, if you get the time, could you possibly change the loot table default for the equiped field to be NO instead of YES?

I think in most cases people would want them to be set to no and the only time they might want an item to be equiped would be if it is a weapon that they want to show the NPC as wielding. Even then, we can use the primary and secondary model settings to set that, so I think a default of NO would be best.

thats a debateable one =)

i do want the mob to equip any peace of weapon or armor they may have to make them tougher =)

on other hand wolf don't realy need to equp their pelts =)

so ist in fact 50/50 situation

trevius
10-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I would say a large number of items in loot tables would cause a bag to show up in the NPC's hand if they are equiping it. NPCs can be set to get bonuses from weapons in the rules tables, but I don't think NPCs get bonuses from anything other than weapons if they are set to equiped in the loot tables. I would have to test it to make sure, but I bet that if you put a 1000 hp bracer on them and set it as equiped, it wouldn't actually effect the NPCs stats. I know for sure that even pet toys don't even fully work for giving stats to the pets. Some will add some stats, but certainly not all pet gear will have the effects that they should.

ChaosSlayer
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
well i guess you right, there are much fewer items that can "show up" on npc model than those that realy shouldn't (the "bags")

trevius
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Oh, and it seems like the multiple slots for fingers still isn't working. The slot selected always says fingers in the tool, but it never actually lets you set both fingers, only 1 at a time. I would assume that the same might be true for bracers and earrings as well, but I haven't tested them yet.

GeorgeS
10-06-2008, 10:31 PM
I checked in the DB and the values for these are

values in decimal

"Ears" = 18
"Wrists" = 1536
"Fingers" = 98304

Left Finger,2^16=65535
Right Finger,2^15=32768

So I added 65535+32768=98304, and thus all "ring" items are L/R finger by default.

So unless you need a left ring vs. a right ring, I would have to rewrite this.
The reason I did this is because in the database searching for %ring would return 98304 for all ring items, so I designed it based on that logic.
GeorgeS

GeorgeS
10-26-2008, 01:32 AM
NPC and Loot Editor
08.21.11 - Made grid editing more robust and you can now create new grids from empty zones. Minor features added throughout program

If you have a request for a feature then now's your chance to have it added!

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
10-26-2008, 01:50 AM
Hiya George!

I do have small request, but not NPC editor related.

This is regards of Tradeskill editor

I was thinking if some sort of "Copy recepie" button could be implemented.
Which would take ENTIRE existing recepie and make a copy of it.

This would come handy when you need to make few dozens near identical recepies with lots of components which diffir by only a single component.
With a COPY ability, I would make bunch of copies and then only edit where nessesary

Another thing there- the section where you puting in custom container could use some work - atm I belive you need to type name of container, i much rather enter item ID# or even better have some sort of search/list window pop up.

Thanks =)

ChaosSlayer
10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Geroge, sudden of nothing I am getting "isbot now requred" error when trying to run NPC-loot editor
But my db has been updated a WHILE ago and allready has isbot, botinventory and botleader things.

Whats more important - I have allready this version before (of October 3rd)wihout any errors, so I am not sure where they coming from

I have donwloaded Oct 28 version and still geting same error

trevius
10-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Did you run the register_ocx.bat again? You probably installed something else that broke your previous version's registration or something.

GeorgeS
10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Actually someone else had the same error. I think it's the query which checks for isbot field thay breaks the program on some computers. I have to dig further and find another way of running the query. Just give me a day to think it out..

/edit/

NPC and Loot Editor
08.21.13 - Changed the query that game players error that mentioned 'isbot' field is missing, despite having it in the table

Please download this version and see if it still gives that error.

GeorgeS

moydock
11-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey George,
I downloaded the latest version and I'm still getting that error.
I updated my DB with the 2 tables and isbot column. All of your other editors that come with it work properly. Anyone else getting this?

GeorgeS
11-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I'll remove the check - for some reason it does not work on all computers.
I think almost everyone uses bots now, so I'll use that as the default schema.

Look for an updated version later

*edit
Updated the program and it should no longer crash/give error there.

GeorgeS

moydock
11-24-2008, 02:39 AM
Thanks, that worked. Great job on the additions btw. Going to try out the npc editor now!

trevius
12-23-2008, 01:48 PM
GeorgeS,

One of the latest changes from KLS removed the timeleft field in the spawn2 table. This causes the spawn editor to break when it tries to load because it can't find that field anymore. KLS moved spawn timers to their own table now. Here is the required SQL for what she changed.

Required SQL:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `respawn_times`;
CREATE TABLE `respawn_times` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`start` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`duration` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

ALTER TABLE `spawn2` DROP `timeleft`;

So, the tool needs to be updated to work with this new system. For anyone else seeing this problem, you should be able to add the timeleft field back to the spawn2 table for now until the tool is updated. That should at least let the tool work, but that field of the tool will be useless.

derekj54
12-23-2008, 03:19 PM
yeah im having trouble with it, i click on a mob and go to create lootdrop and it says please select a mob, i go to create loottable and it crashes, i can edit mobs easily but the loot table part isnt working, i gotta do loot straight in the db for now /cry

GeorgeS
12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the tip - I'll have a fix wed. asap

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
12-24-2008, 12:04 PM
As promised,
NPC and Loot Editor
08.21.15 - Removed 'timeleft' field from spawn2 as required by the emu source. Errors are likely if you have not updated your database schema

Derekj54 - not sure about the error. No one else has this as a reported issue.
The loot code is same since several years ago.

Hope it fixes things.

GeorgeS

derekj54
12-25-2008, 07:24 AM
its still doing it, i get a error: 94, invalid use of null. it happens when i try to create a table or if i use the repair loot tables option.

GeorgeS
12-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Your error has to do with a null being in a table where it should not exist. You have to find this problem with a table editor. My program works fine.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Roambox editing is here!

Modified the spawngroup editor in the npc&loot program so that roambox data are visible and editable. If you have features you want in then let me know.

NPC and Loot Editor

08.21.18 - roamboxes supported

GeorgeS

Randymarsh9
06-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I keep getting Run time error 9 subscript out of range. when I try to create an NPC

GeorgeS
06-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Can you go thru exactly what type of npc and what class/race etc.. that gave that error?

-edit
I found the problem - some newer schemas use >64 fields in the npc_types table and the array would crash it.
Fixed in the newest version

Thanks
GeorgeS

Randymarsh9
07-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Downloaded that and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the fast update

Kobaz
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
George,

is there anyway that the entire window contents for the Loot Editor could be in one big scrollable pane so I can get to see the whole app? I have a limited vertical resolution of 768 pixels, so I can't see the bottom of the thing. I understand that you don't want the headache of the layout changing as the window resizes. I'm just thinking that with a pane that holds the whole layout being scrollable, and the main window being resizable, then those of us with limited screens could use your tools.

I have no idea if this is possible though.

GeorgeS
07-01-2009, 10:44 PM
The app is 1250x770, so it should fit in x768
You may have large fonts on, or something like that - which scales the screen.

take a look at http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28640
GeorgeS

Kobaz
07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks George. If I set the taskbar to autohide and drag the window up until the titlebar is almost gone I can see the horizontal scrollbar. A pain, but less pain than messing around in the DB.

trevius
07-11-2009, 03:51 AM
GeorgeS,

I think I found a minor bug with the Spawn Group editor part of this tool. When I load of an NPC ID and find all of the spawn groups associated with it, everything looks fine. When I try to edit the NPC ID for any NPCs in those spawn groups and save it, it will save the NPC ID to the last spawn group in the list that it found for that NPC ID. So, if I find 5 spawn groups, and need to update the 3rd one in the list, it won't work. It just keeps updating and saving it to the last one in that list. It actually seems to be saving all of the information for that spawn group to the last one in the list, so I get multiple spawns at the same point each time I try to do it.

Lemme know if you need more information on this.

chrsschb
07-11-2009, 09:54 AM
GeorgeS,

I think I found a minor bug with the Spawn Group editor part of this tool. When I load of an NPC ID and find all of the spawn groups associated with it, everything looks fine. When I try to edit the NPC ID for any NPCs in those spawn groups and save it, it will save the NPC ID to the last spawn group in the list that it found for that NPC ID. So, if I find 5 spawn groups, and need to update the 3rd one in the list, it won't work. It just keeps updating and saving it to the last one in that list. It actually seems to be saving all of the information for that spawn group to the last one in the list, so I get multiple spawns at the same point each time I try to do it.

I've encountered this too. I was walking through Emerald Jungle after I had edited the spawn groups for Forager and Hunter and noticed they were spawning 6-7 times each. I was like wtf? :-?

ChaosSlayerZ
07-11-2009, 11:58 AM
GeorgeS,

this sounds VERY similar to the error I had few revisions ago, but it seemed like George fixed it last time (if you scroll few post back you should see my report about this error)

GeorgeS
07-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I think that problem was discovered and fixed some time ago. Let me know if it still persists. I did some checking in the latest release and it should be resolved.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayerZ
07-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Trev, these are the details from my troubles from back then. See if it matches yours. But after George fixed it back then, It all worked fine again.

George- BIG troubles

the spawn editor is screwed up

I have just made a tiny adjustment in npc respawn time and clicked SAVE
instead of saving adjustment for the spawn group i was editing is picked what seem to be a RANDOM spawn group from the same zone table and saved changes in there overwriting ALL entries in that group.

At first I could nto figure out what has happened when all spawns fro the group I was editing got DOUBLED spawns in game.
I went in, found duplicate group, deleted it.. and saved again

BOOM - another random spawn group has been overwriten with the values from spawn group I was editing - now half of my city guards are gone, and that group i was editing now has TRIPLE spawns in game.

trevius
07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I thought I had seen this issue reported before and thought it was resolved. I recently updated my NPC Editor version not long ago, but for some reason it seems like I am running one from a few revisions ago, so I am sure the problem is on my end. It may be that I updated it for my test server and not for the production one. I will get it updated and tested. If I don't reply saying there is still a problem, it is safe to assume that there isn't a problem with the latest version. Sorry about the bad report.

trevius
07-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Odd, before I was running 08.22.01 and it was working fine. I installed the latest version (08.22.09) and registered the ocx, and when I try to search the zone for NPCs (any zone), it crashes with the following error:

Run-time error '3265':
Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

I still have the 08.22.01 version installed and it still works fine, but the new one does not. I have the db.ini file setup the same as before as well.

GeorgeS
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi trevius

..your're missing the 'version' field there

..from Zeice's post
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28536

Hmm, yep I'm missing version number in npc_types. Strange because I went back to sql 612_instance_changes and the only npc_types change is

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `adventure_template_id` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `npc_faction_id`;

So I guess I need to do something like

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `version` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `slow_mitigation`;

I couldn't find any other recent sql changes that added version. I may just be missing it though. I'll give the above a try and see if it works.

*edit* Yep that did the trick.

trevius
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Ahh, I knew I had seen that discussed somewhere, but couldn't figure out which thread it was from. From everything I can find, the version field related to NPCs only goes into the Spawn2 table, not npc_types. Unless I am missing some SQL from somewhere. The one in npc_types is adventure_template_id. Did I miss an SQL update, cause I don't see one for it?

Shendare
07-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I see places in the Emu code looking for the version field in spawn2, but not in npc_types.

Zeice
07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Trevius, I couldn't find the update either. The sql that I put up above fixed my problem with the latest version though.

cavedude
07-12-2009, 07:35 PM
version in npc_types was not added by a developer, but by me. It isn't required by the code, but it really is a needed field for world builders to easily see what instance version a particular npc belongs to.

trevius
07-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Ohhhh lol. Ok, cool, I will add it, then. Wasn't sure where GeorgeS was getting his info from lol.

trevius
05-07-2010, 06:00 AM
GeorgeS,

I mentioned it once before a long time ago, but was wondering if it would be hard to add an option to the NPC Loot Editor to allow us to set whether items are equipped or not by default. Maybe something like a check-box or button to toggle it? Otherwise, all non-weapon items just show up as bags, so I just set everything to not be equipped. If it is too much trouble, don't bother with it, because it isn't a big deal. But, if it isn't too hard to add, it would be a nice feature. Still loving your tools after all this time, btw :D

ChaosSlayerZ
05-08-2010, 03:40 AM
aye Trev is 100% correct in 9 cases of 10 we really don't need npc to equip anything. So just setting equip to NO as default would be great =)

GeorgeS
05-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I'll set it to default as requested

*edit*
Just uploaded the new version with this updated

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayerZ
05-08-2010, 02:29 PM
thank you George =)

trevius
05-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Awesome as always, GeorgeS :D

That should save me a nice chunk of time when adding loot to zones. Seems like something that wouldn't take long to change, but half the time I double-check my loot tables to make sure they are all set to not show, and when adding 100s of items, it can add up.

trevius
10-07-2010, 06:08 PM
GeorgeS,

I noticed a minor fix that is needed if you get the time. The problem is that if you use the feature for add/subtract/multiply/divide, it won't allow the end result to be less than 0. There aren't many cases where this would be needed, but I was trying to set attack speed using it and adding 20 to all of the NPCs in a zone that had -50 or less attack speed resulted in setting them all to 0 attack speed instead of -30. I also tried if they are set to 0 to subtract 10 and the result was still 0.

Not a huge issue, but something worth noting, I figured :)

GeorgeS
10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey Trevius,

Yes, there's an exception to every rule :)
In this case, I can understand the need to use negatives, so I will update the program to utilize the option of calculating negative values when the selected option is selected. I should have this done by friday.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
10-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Just uploaded the most recent build.

The current field selected is now displayed
The use of negatives is allowed if you check the option - But be careful.

GeorgeS