PDA

View Full Version : New Command #unstuck

trevius
03-28-2008, 09:20 AM
If possible, I think it would be nice if there was a #unstuck command. This is pretty self explanatory. Basically, if the player gets stuck in a zone, they can use the #unstuck command and after 1 minute it would send them to the safe point of that zone, or even to another zone specified by the server admin (like nexus for example).

The only thing that might be complicated about this command is that it might be good if there was a way for it to check if the player was moving after they sent the command. As long as they don't move, it will send them, but if they do move, it fails. This would prevent any possible exploits.

And the command would be listed in the command list so admins could set the min status required for accounts to have access to it. This way they can enable or disable it easily.

Knightly
03-29-2008, 05:17 AM
I think I read somewhere that live has this feature.

TheLieka
03-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I think we're missing the opcode for it. On live it's called /rewind.

Dax

Theeper
03-29-2008, 10:30 AM
On Live, /rewind takes you to a previous location a tiny distance back, not to the safe spot. You just have to stand still for like 30 seconds prior to using it.

TheLieka
03-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry, I was referring to the function to resolve the problem, rather than an identical function that's described above. If you're stuck, /rewind would pull you out on EQLive. I think giving someone the ability to move to the safespot with a command is pretty iffy as far as exploits are concerned (even with a "make sure they're still for x amount of time and not moving during the command, etc). I'd rather see the /rewind function put in. I thought someone posted the OpCodes for it a while back, if I can remember to look into it later, I'll see if I can look into it.

Dax

cavedude
03-29-2008, 02:25 PM
/rewind appears to be 0x4cfa on Titanium client, I'm too lazy to check 0.6.2.

TheLieka
04-20-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25047

<3,
Dax

trevius
04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Looks very nice! I am sure this would come in handy to my players when they get stuck. Luckily it isn't very often, but I am sure it is frustrating when it happens and no GMs are on to help. I would have posted this in the code submission thread, but I don't know if we are supposed to post comments there that aren't directly related to correcting or pointing out issues in the code So, I am posting it here.

Thanks again TheLieka for yet another awesome code submission! I hope this one makes it into the next built release or so :D