PDA

View Full Version : Minilogin + Hamachi

shadro
04-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey dere, i've been running a minilogin server for awhile, had everything workin fine and dandy, however I wanted to broaden my horizons with opening it up to friends at work. I've yet to register and like the idea of Hamachi's assigned static logins however. Ive installed hamachi on 3 pcs on my lan. The server: went up without a hitch and runs eq fine with its Hamachi Client. However my other 2 pc's cannot get past the login server, it states that there is a connection problem, I've already updated the ips with the hamachi ip's in peq. Im stuck though no clue whats wrong i see the other 2 comps try to connect. Anyone running a Minilogin + Hamachi server now with mult comps on a lan and otherwise, I'd like to know your settings for the adapter or what you had to tinker with.

Thx

Aramid
04-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Does your XML config file have your Hamachi IP address in it and did you change the eqhost.txt files on the clients to point to your Hamachi minilogin ip address and port 5999?

shadro
04-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Clients eqhost's are pointing to hamachi address on the server,
I see them coming through on the server trying to connect, but they seem to time out, im unsure.

Ill post my XML's and Configs.

ill also try to get some screenies of world.exe in there.

shadro
04-15-2008, 07:37 PM
the culprit was my config files on the server.
ive included samples of my config, loginserver, and eqhost if anyone else wanted to try this out, basically lets you create a vpn lan, people pretty much have a static ip with hamachi so low upkeep accountside other than creating the user's account.
hamachi is secure.

i used version 1.0.1.5 - compatable with XP and Vista - i dont have linux so dunno.

pretty much no config required hamachi side, unless you had it before then it could have made a mess, depending how long ago you had it, me in its infancy so i required a regcleaner to fix its first install. im off to a friends now to set them up.

hope this helps i've searched high and low online looking for something like this.

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>usvrnm</shortname>
<longname>urservername</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>hamachiserverip</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!--Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>hamachiserverip</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by the zone/launcher to connect to the world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>iowe634</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=hamachiserverip
loginport=5999
worldname=urservername
worldaddress=hamachiserverip
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999

[LoginServer]
Host=hamachiserverip:5999

Aramid
04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Yep, that's how I had mine setup... Glad you got it working.

shadro
04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
currently i'm running into slow relay problems from the friends house, im unsure as to the problem there, i imagine router's fighting each other, gonna see if i can try some port forwarding, could be their network though, i always have probs with their network.

didnt really forsee that as a problem since their only 20 miles away, but its across a state line so different ISP and i believe their hub is in milwaukee, we'll i hope the port forwarding works otherwise i may have to look into an alternative and just go w/ the pub server we got up here, not that i dont think its great, i just dont want them to have to go register to use.

erik_llewellyn
04-16-2008, 08:27 AM
if you change your <localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress> line to your LAN server IP (ex: 192.168.1.50) then you don't have to run hamachi for those computers that are on your LAN. Not a huge deal, but hamachi does seem to cause some issues if you ever disable it and need to re-enable it later without restarting the computer from what I have seen on my 3 comps.