PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone summarize?

arkinia
04-23-2008, 04:06 AM
It's hard to tell what tools are maintained well or support the current PEQ databases, etc. I perfer web based or linux based tools. Can anyone recommend?

Do PEQ's tools work? Item, quest editing? I like the idea of GeorgeS's tools, but I cannot enable remote MYSQL access.

Thanks

trevius
04-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, GeorgeS' tools are the best I have tried for almost everything and Bleh/Ailia's spell editor is great too. But unfortunately both of those only work in windows as far as I know. That is the main reason keeping me from moving my server to Linux. I can handle allowing remote database access, but the tools run way too slow if you aren't running them on the server, so it is mostly useless unless you are just making 1 or 2 small changes.

As for web-based, I know the PEQ Editor works. You just need to setup apache and PHP to get it going. Other than that, I don't know. I know Kayote is working on some new tools as well, but I am pretty sure they are another windows only tool. They look pretty nice though lol.

arkinia
04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
PEQeditor is out of date and the CVS version is broken :(

cole89103
04-27-2008, 05:47 PM
peq editor actually still works for most of what you need to do i use it. Im also working on a new version of it for cavedude and will be also making a windows app for people who dont wish to use php

jenco420
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
PEQeditor is out of date and the CVS version is broken :(

I acually still use the 1.0 version since i could'nt get the cvs one working and 99% of it works fine.