PDA

View Full Version : Any Easy Item editors for lazy noobs?

derekj54
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
ive made tons of items just using db tables but i hate it, i know george's item editor is around but it doesnt seem any easier from what ive seen, are there any editors as simple as mangoo's or how FQadmin used to be, i mostly hate having to figure out the numbers for race/class combos

trevius
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
When you enter the edit mode for items in GeorgeS' tools, there is a list of things you can change on the left. Each thing you select on that list will show options for it. So, if you select race, you can then select none and hit ok to remove all races and then select any other races you want to add. Same for class as well. His item editor tool is actually quite simple and IMO makes item editing very simple and straight forward. And of course, any fields he doesn't have on the left side of that edit window can still be edited manually in the bottom section that lists all fields for the item.

He also has a grid editor for editing multiple items at once (I think), but I haven't messed with it enough to figure it out yet.