PDA

View Full Version : Working Publiclogin Server Source

cole89103
05-08-2008, 03:12 AM
here is the public loginserver source code compatable with 0.5.x versions of the emulator it compiles and i have included a working copy of 0.5.3 (works with peq 0.6.0 db with some database tweaking) both compile and work fine with visual studio 2005 and if you set your mysql server to use old passwords everything works without a hitch hope you all enjoy it

PS Works with the crusades of voracity server client patch and SOD client patch with some edits to the ui (use default_old)!!!

http://shardsofnorrath.no-ip.org/EQEMU053perl-WORKINGPUBLICLOGININC.rar

cole89103
05-08-2008, 03:38 AM
sorry for the large size i accidenly didnt remove the build directories before archiving

and just so theres no misunderstanding this ONLY works with version 0,5.x of the emulator and corresponding clients it is old and requires a bit of work to get going but it does work

cole89103
05-08-2008, 03:45 AM
however its ideal for those who want to run a classic eq type server or heck even a custom server using an older version of the emu if nothing else it gives something for someone to play with and work on to stave off boredom

i only mentioned those two clients and version of the emu because i have only tested it with those clients however it SHOULD work for most of the 0.5.x releases of the emu

Angelox
05-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Out of curiosity, Matt; why did you delete the "With User/Password Authentication RELEASE!" thread?

cole89103
05-08-2008, 09:59 AM
cause i am no longer releasing any of my own private work to the community due to the berating i got in the gui thread ill talk to you on the rathe forums more about it

cole89103
05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
UPDATE!!!!!!

I have cleaned the download so its only 10 megs now sorry about that forgot to clean the builds before i archived

if anyone wishes to see it working use the crusades of voracity client or shards of dalaya client and set your loginserver in eqhost.txt to shardsofnorrath.no-ip.org

cole89103
05-08-2008, 11:57 AM
btw port is 5999 on shardsofnorrath.no-ip.org

cole89103
05-09-2008, 02:15 AM
http://shardsofnorrath.no-ip.org/eqemuclassic-w-publogin.zip

this is just the bins needed btw you need to read through the textfiles available and in the above link you need loginserver.sql from the first post download!

classiceq
05-13-2008, 12:22 PM
I am pretty sure I know where this will end up but I am going to say it anyway...

I generally don't post and keep to myself but I just can't anymore.

You won't give out the current version of the public server(even though it is older crypto) but you will allow this version to be posted with the crypto(also older)...

Since that is the case it has nothing to do with the crypto. Call a spade a spade...

You say the only reason Sony would harass this community is if we were to release any crypto details and we are not in violation otherwise...

This is where I call Bulls**t.

I guess you all better read number 9 of the EULA....specifically the second sentence in the paragraph or does that not count?

I don't expect anyone to respond and to tell the truth I don't want anyone to. I have a feeling it will be bulls**t anyway.

I will say that I am blown away by the progress the dev team has made. It is truely amazing how far the project has come over the years. But let's admit it. The community has lost some major players for all the wrong reasons and I have seen replies to polite posts that would earn most people a punch in the mouth.

This community will never have true synergy.

/ban on

cole89103
05-13-2008, 01:00 PM
im not a dev im not a member of eqemu staff and this ls has been leaked many times before its so old there isnt much you can do with it other then run a very old version of the emulator and in truth im surprised i havent already been banned for doing so i personally dont use this particular ls anylonger but i dunno ive heard the current ls issue is more with the dcma then with soe

shadow1489
06-14-2008, 09:40 PM
IT does not work I am looking to find one that works for the newest version Me and a few guys are developing some new zones and such and well a public login readme with all of the files and such would be very helpful I am tring to use a minilogin and an old version of the Public login to do this but I cannot seem to see the servers in the list when I go to connect. you got anything that might fix this.

quadroplex
06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
the current public login server will never be released by the devs, only one person has access to the code and if you search the forums you will see many many many posts stating the ls will never be released. Minilogin works fine if you set it up properly ( Try setting the logintype variable in your variables table to minilogin) Before I decided to put my server on the emulator public loginserver i ran it on minilogin publicly there are many ways in which to use minilogin publicly with ease.

The old loginservers cannot work with the new emu server nor the titanium client as the netcode is completely different as is the encryption there is absolutly no way you even got the client to connect to an older loginserver, sorry but your full of it on that no offense.

As I stated minilogin works perfectly fine you just need to actually follow the instructions for setting it up, the current loginserver will never be released in any form source or precompiled binaries.

New zones has nothing to do with login capability of the client, so your excuse for needing the ls is bogus as well, nice try though.

There are several servers on the emu public ls and that also use minilogin that have many custom zones, my own included as is the scorpious2k server. Like i said try reading the wiki and the setup guides and actually following them and minilogin will work fine for you, You neither need nor will ever get the current public ls.

EvoZak
06-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Before I decided to put my server on the emulator public loginserver i ran it on minilogin publicly there are many ways in which to use minilogin publicly with ease.

I've read that also and I'm going to have to look into that. No offense to the EQEmu folks but the public LS does go down occasionally. Frustrating that I can't play on a box sitting 5 feet from me when that happens.

The old loginservers cannot work with the new emu server nor the titanium client as the netcode is completely different as is the encryption there is absolutly no way you even got the client to connect to an older loginserver, sorry but your full of it on that no offense.

But you can use an older client and older emu. See Shards of Dalaya and Fates Destiny if I'm not mistaken.