PDA

View Full Version : Teaser May 9, 2008

Kayot
05-10-2008, 12:02 AM
This is what I've been working on. However, recently I made some concept art of a 3D editor that can handle every placeable thing and would take into account models and shape collisions (Not to mention held items and a player editor with a 3D design :drool: ).

I was thinking TrueVision, but then it occurred to me that using the SoE maps would piss the community off because of copyright bla bla bla, so its something I'm making for myself when I finish the editor. (Yes that was a stab)

This teaser is where I'm at, right now it loads NPC spawn points. I plan to get it to load Pathgrid, Tradeskill Stations/Objects, Player Bind Points, Succor points, Doors, Ports (Druid/Wizzy and any in the spell table (Read only mind you), no perl as that would be stupidly difficult) and it will include headings and draw a line between connected pathgrids (In real time, so you can change them and see the new lines). I know how to do this all so it should happen fairly quick. However I plan to put this on the window, DO NOT edit these without a good Z-pos, doing so is not only stupid but happens in real time, AKA you push save and it IS saved. Enjoy finding a NPC in the underworld.

Enjoy,

http://kayosblade.googlepages.com/teaser-May-10-2008.gif

P.S. I'm still a ways from a release for two reasons, one there is still some much it can't edit or things it can but could very well crash, and two is, Its loaded with bugs. Really, I crash it often. But that happens.:grin: Also, next time PEQ decides to reset all the bind points, I put a mass bind point alter, it has two settings. Change bind point to Home, Change Bind point to Loc. Home being the original bind point when starting a new char.

Bulle
05-10-2008, 01:16 AM
You know, even if it is still bug-ridden, if it does not crash too much as a mere spawn-viewer I would not mind trying it out. I am not into spawn-editing yet, but viewing what NPC is where graphically is a nice feature.

But if you are scared that people would still try to edit and complain when it crashes their DB, I can understand.

Kayot
05-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Actually what happens is I do a release and then no one complains, then the project is dead in the water as I figure everything works fine. That or I get abstract errors that are because the user isn't using a traditional (eqemu, non-custom) database. I figure, reach out of beta and then release. What I'd like is a few server operators to beta when it reaches beta.

I think the turn off is that it's made in VB.net. I figure, sure it runs a little slow, but is a hell of a lot faster than manually editing the DB. Some people sure are sticks in the mud.