PDA

View Full Version : Minilogin on linux

Feppwin
05-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Ive spent this weekend going over the forums and trying some things, but I am still at a loss.

Im running fedora, and I think everything compiled ok. Ive done the table alters and inserts to use Minilogin since we just want the server running on the LAN.

The problem is that when I look at my world logs, it looks like the server is trying to log into itself using "peq" - is the minilogin downloadable only for windows servers, or how do i make the linux server actually use it?

I am going to try a couple more things, which is why I can't past my server logs right now. But thought I would ask the "low-level" question first and then work my way up as necessary.

Thanks.

Aramid
05-19-2008, 09:56 AM
All I know is that you need to use something like WINE to run the mimilogin program on Linux.

http://www.winehq.org/

jenco420
05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
wine is probably in your pakage repo. install it (whatev version you have, it's just a basic win32 app probably any version of wine will work) then start it with

wine minilogin.exe

Feppwin
05-19-2008, 10:37 AM
So most if not all linux servers out there are connecting to the public login server on eqemulator.net? Is that why I can't find any mention of minilogin on linux?

I'll try what you suggested below.

If need be, can someone give me an alter query to put the table back to where it was before i decided to use minilogin? Or can I just drop the table and reload the query again?

Andrew80k
05-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I run the minilogin on linux and it works great. But as stated above, you do have to run wine for it to work. It is closed source and only available as windows binaries. But wine runs it fine. I don't connect to the public login server.

Angelox
05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
So most if not all linux servers out there are connecting to the public login server on eqemulator.net? Is that why I can't find any mention of minilogin on linux?

I'll try what you suggested below.

If need be, can someone give me an alter query to put the table back to where it was before i decided to use minilogin? Or can I just drop the table and reload the query again?

I never use Doodmans "public" login server - minilogin works better for me under Linux (with wine) than under windows

cavedude
05-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Everything works better under Linux than Windows, Angelox!

Bishop4351
05-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Everything works better under Linux than Windows, Angelox!

Amen brother!

Angelox
05-20-2008, 01:28 PM
But it's sort of funny cause MiniLogin.exe is really intended for windows; and i was having a lot of freeze-ups (while loging in) with it , never once with the Linux box.