PDA

View Full Version : Zone size, sounds, and music

Neiv
05-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the OZ tool. I have several questions:

(1) I created a large zone (8000 x 8000) using OZ 7.0 and exported it to EQ (overwriting the eastkarana zone, which I am not going to use), and although it loaded (and btw, I tried exporting the same zone to nexus and it would not load) it eventually froze up as I was running around the zone. I have tried it several times with the same result. Is there a zone-size limit when using this tool?

(2) I then installed 8.3 and loaded the same zone into the new install, but when I attempt to "Edit Ground" it takes hours (no exaggeration) for the ground to load into the editor. It takes only a minute for the same zone to load into Ground editor in 7.3. Is this a bug?

(3) I noticed in the tutorial that you can add your own sounds, as long as you point OZ to the EQ folder under Preferences. I have done this (in both 7.0and 8.3), and it loads sounds, but I do not see those sound names when I look at the EQ folder or any of its subs. Is it reading some kind of encrypted file here? I am attempting to add ambiance music, but the music files (either in .wav or .mp3 format) fail to show up in the sounds list. How do I add musice to a zone? Also, the "Loading sounds" progression bar never goes away, even after the sounds load and even after exiting the Ground Editor.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Neiv
05-27-2008, 05:59 PM
(1) I created a large zone (8000 x 8000) using OZ 7.0 and exported it to EQ (overwriting the eastkarana zone, which I am not going to use), and although it loaded (and btw, I tried exporting the same zone to nexus and it would not load) it eventually froze up as I was running around the zone. I have tried it several times with the same result. Is there a zone-size limit when using this tool?
Update on this. I was finally able (several times) to get in the zone and run around without encountering this problem. But now it is doing it again. The error message is:

"The instruction at '0x00790493' referenced memory at '0x0eacc6bc'. The memory could not be 'read'. Click on OK to terminate the program."

Any ideas?