PDA

View Full Version : Seg Faults of "zone" binary when a buff is clicked away

Bishop4351
05-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I've done this a few times I was in echo each time and when I clicked off of a buff I'd get a zone segfault.

I'm running CentOS5 with minilogin on build 1107 once that happens I get kicked back to char select. I'm using the PEQ DB from the pop release (no CVS yet).

I tried running 1108 but I keep getting told I'm underworld despite not being that way.

Anything I should look at about this?

thanks!

Derision
05-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Not directly related to your crash, but I installed 1108 yesterday and had the 'underworld' problem. I downloaded and installed the latest PEQ database from CVS and that made the problem (being told I was under the world) go away.

trevius
05-24-2008, 08:23 PM
1106 and 1107 both have known spell issues and buff problems. They will crash zones if you remove a buff. You have to use either 1104 or 1108 if you want to be close to current.

Bishop4351
05-25-2008, 05:33 PM
I updated to 1108 and I figured out what my problem was. I was using a strict copy paste from the changelog which says:

Required SQL:
alter table `zone` add column `canlevitate` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL after `cancombat`
alter table `zone` add column `castoutdoor` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL after `canlevitate`;

It's missing a ";" so I missed the change. I restored to a backup then remade the change adding in the line to look like this:

Required SQL:
alter table `zone` add column `canlevitate` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL after `cancombat`;
alter table `zone` add column `castoutdoor` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL after `canlevitate`;

and all was good. With the update in place I can unclick buffs without any problem or zone crashes.

Not alot of folks put in their fixes to things so I figured I'd add it here for the sake of future searches.