PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

eski2
05-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm running minilogin on win vista 64bit with oodles of ram. I've tried 2 boxing but both characters are using the same account. I checked my database and I've created 2 different accounts, and when i've installed eq, it was to two different directories, and the shortcuts are "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\2nd EverQuest -tobalus\eqgame.exe" patchme and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme, and i login with different usernames, but i still end up accessing the same list of characters. I have read that minilogin only cares about the IP address i am logging in from, so i'd need a separate computer (or just a second NIC?) to be able to two-box? This seems silly as I'm just running my server solo, although when i get it sorted, it would be nice to be able to invite friends to play.

Also, I'd love to be able to use the bots mentioned elsewhere but i am really lost at how to install this, especially as i don't want to lose all the modifications and characters unless it's the only way.

I'd love to be able to download and use the latest database too, again hopefully without losing what i have. I don't know how to tell which version i have, or how to auto-update (with winCVS?). Sometimes i miss the auto-updating of Ubuntu!

I am a beginner with perl and SQL, and have managed to fix a few basic quests and factions i noticed were broken.. the pickclaw ear quest in highkeep was giving a weird faction bonus. I don't know if that's an old issue or no-one except me cares but i can post it if anyone wants it. I'd love to be able to create new quests, like renouncing your deity and becoming agnostic, which was the first thing my iksar monk Eski did. It's weird the way it kicks you out of the game; is that deliberate? It didn't seem to change the cabilis factions at all. I assume they secretly don't care, and if cazic-thule tears your head off for your heresy, well, that's his business.

Frankly with all the adventurers queued up to knock him off in the POP days, I'd be surprised if he gets out much now. Probably flees screaming at the sight of a mortal.

Is there any plans to introduce LDON adventures? I noticed i could walk in the empty zones but the only way to obtain augments was to use #si. I'd much rather have the augments just drop from mobs but i don't know how to modify loot tables or use SELECT to choose just those items which are augments. SQL is very different from what i am used to. I guess Excel and Access have made me soft and weak!

I've very excited by all of this and have had a lot of fun. If nothing else, buying several EQ accounts meant that I never actually visited most zones or fought most mobs, because i can't stay on long enough for a raid, whereas with EQEMU i've finally gotten to see the art work and hear the music. I appreciate the huge amount of work involved in EQEMU recreating quests. I'd like to play on some of the servers others have going too but i haven't been able to get my username registered for some weird reason. Maybe my TPG.com.au email address isn't recognised or is rejected. It's funny how using a gmail address got me posting rights. I know TPG is small on the scale of things (a local Australian ISP) but i would have thought it would be recognised as legit. Oh well.

If i create new quests, would people use them? Just simple ones. I'd really love to be able to create the luclin type hordes that would attack the cities (preferably with faction hits that are hard to fix normally so that my iksar can get into the 'good' cities without the local clergy thumping him.

Also something where you could trigger a fight between the corrupt and normal qeynos and freeport guards/warriors and have the result stay there would be awesome! Although i have read that might have already occurred on the live servers? Sort of bring everquest and EQ2 storylines together.

Theeper
05-27-2008, 03:28 PM
You will need two seperate IP's to dual box using minilogin if you don't want to share characters and be logged off when zoning etc.

As far as using Magoth's Bots, I don't think there was ever an official release of that code. People just seem to merge it in manually. You could get the latest server release and diff it in. I can't think of any reason you'd lose existing characters.

Getting the latest DB and not losing your custom changes will be fairly difficult depending on how different they are. If it's just a few changes you made to items or drop rates or something simple, you can export your changes as SQL, and later run those queries on your new DB. Of course, the schema has changed over the years, so you'll need to keep that in mind.

Factions have never been 100% AFAIK. That's a DB issue and seems to get better as time passes and people do more work on them. I see wierd faction issues in various zones.

LDON is not working because there are several unknown opcodes and a lot of missing server code. I don't believe zone instancing works either.

If you create new quests, post them here in the quest section and surely people will want to see them and possibly use them. Writing up Live quests is always needed and custom work is certainly appreciated as well.

skimpy
06-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Has anyone been able to get this to work...and if so, can you briefly describe the setup?

Thanks!

You will need two seperate IP's to dual box using minilogin if you don't want to share characters and be logged off when zoning etc.

skimpy
06-15-2008, 06:06 PM
got it working...

quadroplex
06-16-2008, 02:47 AM
get the phpscript posted on these forums and use that to update your ip of the account your zoning prior to zoning and you can two box there have been other solutions including launchers that worked as a client server app to do the ip updates as well but I Dont know if they are still active for download or not I have a solution I used that was similar to the client server app to handle authentication and ip updating as a standalone addon to my minilogin setup but i stoped working on it cause I dont have the time to keep the project up to date and work on my Custom zones and so forth for my server...

Long story short as long as you get that script here on the minilogin forum and use it before zoning the character two boxing is rather easy with minilogin, you dont need multiple computers to do it you just have to add a step or two to your zoning process

quadroplex
06-16-2008, 02:53 AM
If you look in custom code development forum there is a post for the bot releases, condgar keeps ontop of the latest releases rather quickly and generally releases a new bot version within a few days of an official release, you dont need to diff it in yourself all the time, just wait for the releases from condgar.

Zone instancing does not work, and as such neither does ldon

you have a seperate account for the public loginserver if you have posting rights you have rights to make loginserver accounts click usercp at the top left at the bottom on the left of the page that loads click "Loginserver" and that is how you make your public login account for the public servers.

k now that all thats been explained id like to take a moment to remind people that most of their questions can be answered if they read the wiki and search the forums before they post

skimpy
06-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the reply (btw, I think post #6 you posted was meant for a different thread). I took a look at the php script and I might play with it to see how it acts....but I was originally looking for something that did not require any intervention. I'm assuming with this script, if you forget to activate it or ,are dualboxing/autofollowing/running to zone you will get bounced if you zone both chars at the same time....i was looking to try to avoid the headache of regrouping with my family's other characters while we are adventuring.

So, in my tinkering, I came up with a way in my environment to use 2 different IPs on my pc (which connects to my eqemu server in a vwmare box on the same pc) to connect to minilogin/world. This way, I'm able to dual box with two different accounts using minilogin and not have to worry about zoning issues.