PDA

View Full Version : libemusharemem.so error hmmmm.

kuchenhure
05-27-2008, 10:59 AM
This will probably get put in the stupid post thread :? , but I've done everything I've been able to find as far as instructions and my server is still not working. :mad: These are the messages I'm getting. If anyone sees anything that I'm doing wrong please let me know.:-D Thanks.

[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_world.log
[Debug] [RULES__CHANGE] Resetting running rules to default values
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Warning: Unable to read log.ini
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.7.0
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPServerLoop with thread ID -1214235728
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPServerLoop with thread ID -1222628432
[Status] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_world.log
[Status] Using database 'eqemu' at localhost:3306
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Starting HTTP world service...
[Debug] [WORLD__HTTP_ERR] Failed to load mime types from 'mime.types'
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading variables..
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting DBAsyncLoop with thread ID -1231021136
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading zones..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Clearing groups..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Clearing temporary merchant lists..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading items..
[Error] Load Shared Library 'libEMuShareMem.so' failed. Error=libEMuShareMem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading guilds..
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Failed to find ruleset 'default' for load operation. Canceling.
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] No rule set configured, using default rules
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading EQ time of day..
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world.log
[Error] Could not load EQTime file eqtime.cfg
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Unable to load eqtime.cfg
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading launcher list..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Reboot zone modes OFF
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Zone (TCP) listener started.
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Client (UDP) listener started.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_6.2.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_6.2.conf. Not registering patch 6.2.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Titanium.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Titanium.conf. Not registering patch Titanium.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Anniversary.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Anniversary.conf. Not registering patch Anniversary.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Live.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Live.conf. Not registering patch Live.
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting EQStreamFactoryReaderLoop with thread ID -1239413840
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting EQStreamFactoryWriterLoop with thread ID -1247806544
[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Connecting to login server...
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPConnectionLoop with thread ID -1265804368
[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Connected to Loginserver: eqemulator.net:5998
[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Loginserver provided --.---.---.--- as world address

ndnet
05-27-2008, 11:28 AM
[Error] Load Shared Library 'libEMuShareMem.so' failed. Error=libEMuShareMem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This error means that it cannot find the file libEMuShareMem.so. Probably the most common reason for this is not having the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH set properly.

In your startup script (or in the shell before you start world) add this command:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.

kuchenhure
05-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I see.
Hmmmm.
I'm getting the same error afterwards.
I followed these (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=LinuxServer)instructions, these (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=LinuxServerGuide), and these (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws992mysql5)also.

trevius
05-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Did you get any errors when you were compiling the source? Warnings are ok, but errors will cause problems.

If you really want to run on Linux, I highly suggest following the debian linux wiki, as it is very detailed and got me up and working perfectly in a short amount of time. You will also still need some info from the Yet Another Linux Installation Guide, like the start up scripts and such, but other than that you should be able to get setup without a single problem in a fair amount of time.

There are a couple other things that need to be adjusted for certain hardware situations. One is only applicable if the server you will be using has more than 1GB of ram. I plan to write more details on the Debian Linux installation sometime soon. But you can already find most of the info I have found out by reading the threads I started in the Linux section. There are a few.

bushman77
05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
what i did to get rid of the libEMuShareMem.so error was to copy (or link) the file into the /lib directory

kuchenhure
05-29-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't believe I had any errors that I didn't fix. I' think I've followed too many guides, that may be my problem :cool:
Thank you guys for the help, I'll figure something out. Hah.
If anyone doesn't mind helping I'll give you the address to my server and let you shell in and take a look.

:?

Cripp
05-29-2008, 11:00 PM
for anyone else who is having this problem with libEmuSharemem.so on debian/debian-like, put it in the /usr/lib/ folder.
as for the .conf files / eqtime.cfg you can get those on cvs here.. http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/utils/?hideattic=0
and
http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/Misc/
..http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/

kuchenhure
05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
hmm. Strangely it's crashing when I make a character. It's saving the name but not the data.

trevius
06-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Maybe you need to start your server as root to make sure that your issues aren't being caused by a permission problem.